|Job Title: ||Procurement Coordinator I
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Retail - Sales
| Contact Information
Address: 5789 State Farm Dr., Ste 100
Rohnert Park, CA 94928
Company Phone: 707-544-4590
Web Site: http://www.marmot.com
The Position: Procurement Coordinator I
Based on production plans and contract terms, the Procurement Coordinator assists in the placement of purchase orders and ensures items are purchased from specified suppliers according to agreed terms and conditions. The incumbent assists in finalizing shipping detail information for distribution of goods in the U.S., Canada, Europe and other international destinations. This position reviews, tracks and reports on work in progress from receipt of purchase orders by contractors until a shipment is delivered to final destination.
The Procurement Coordinator confirms goods are imported to U.S. in agreement with company policy and government regulations.
The Procurement Coordinator works with complex contractors requiring additional oversight and management. This position is also responsible for managing complex procurement projects that necessitate additional multi-tasking and prioritization.
- Convert purchase requisitions, place purchase orders for bulk, sample and special make-up products with specified contractors by email according to purchase requisitions and/or production orders approved by Director of Inventory and/or Procurement Director.
- Work with suppliers and Director of Raw Materials to review/finalize minimums and update quantities on PO's.
- Track/verify order acknowledgement requirements including style, size, and color, required production exit and ship dates, shipping modes, and final ship destinations.
Review WIP, track production, work with contractors on delivery issues.
- Assist Procurement team in working with contractors to clarify order details; order changes and shipping dates. Prepares and communicates shortages, and provides visibility of delivery interruptions to internal customers.
- Ensure maintenance of purchase order information in SAP and database are completed and communicated in a timely manner. (splits, surcharges, quantities, dates, terms, etc.)
- Help track bulk and sample shipments and maintain files for US shipments, including invoices, packing slips, bill of lading, certificate of origin, and confirmation of payment to the contractor.
- Prepare reports, enter data, and produce arrival schedules (IBD's) to keep key internal partners apprised of order status and issues. Prepare other reports and analyses as required.
- Assist Procurement team in reviewing PO's and supporting documents to validate they adhere to supplier agreements. Report nonconformance.
- Work with contractor, freight forwarder and US customs broker to ensure compliant shipment of goods to meet business delivery requirements.
- Help prepare reports, enter data, and produce arrival schedules to keep key internal partners apprised of order status and issues. Prepare other reports and analyses as required.
- Assist Procurement team in reviewing PO's to validate they adhere to supplier agreements. Report nonconformance.
- Work with Customs Specialist to confirm products are correctly classified with US Customs, and imported in compliance with company policy, government regulations and proper reporting.
- Monitor/track contractor performance. Participate in contractor meetings as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in various phases of purchasing and material control
- Purchasing experience at an apparel manufacturing company preferred
2-5 years of experience in a role with responsibility for data entry, order tracking, problem solving, customer interface and meeting requirements of import/export rules and documentation preferred
- Experience with a $100M revenue per year or larger company preferred
- Experience in outdoor industry preferred
- International logistics experience preferred
- Experience working in a multi-channel company preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, etc.); intermediate Microsoft Excel skills required
- Proficiency in ERP and CRM software required
- Experience in SAP or Oracle ERP preferred
- Demonstrates high level of professionalism and the ability to maintain working relationships in a multicultural environment
- Possesses clear and thorough verbal and written (email) communication skills
- Ability to self-manage workload and work independently
- Aptitude to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and execute on-time to desired outcome
- Displays exceptional organizational and planning skills with high level of detail orientation
Job Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 1-3 years
Job Application Web Site: https://erecruit.jarden.com/psp/ERECRUIT/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=110462&PostingSeq=1