|Job Title: ||Hunting Heritage Program Manager
|Industry Sector: ||Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Education - Outdoor
The Position: Hunting Heritage Program Manager
Pheasants Forever & Quail Forever
The Habitat Organization
Proposed Start Date: July 1, 2017
Application Deadline: June 5, 2017
Company Overview: Pheasants Forever, including its quail conservation division, Quail Forever, is the nation's largest nonprofit organization dedicated to upland habitat conservation. Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever have more than 149,000 members and 700 local chapters across the United States and Canada. Chapters are empowered to determine how 100 percent of their locally raised conservation funds are spent; the only national conservation organization that operates through this truly grassroots structure. Since creation in 1982, Pheasants Forever has spent $708 million on 517,000 habitat projects benefiting 15.8 million acres nationwide.
- Develop, administer and evaluate PF/QF learn-to-hunt and hunter recruitment, retention and reactivation (R3) strategies.
- Cultivate and maintain partnerships with state agencies and key conservation groups that initiate pilot hunter R3 programs to target youth and adult onset hunters.
- Serve as PF/QF hunter R3 expert and representative in the hunter R3 community.
- Develop and provide training modules for hunter R3 delivery to volunteers, partners and PF/QF staff that share best management practices for program delivery.
- Develop a national mentor training/certification process available to volunteers and members from all conservation organizations.
- In cooperation with partnering conservation organizations, develop targeted R3 campaigns that are driven by outcomes.
- Develop and implement a national evaluation/participant tracking mechanism that will allow for adaptive strategies that improve R3 efforts.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in education, fish or wildlife management, biology, conservation, natural resources management or similar related field.
- Experience administering and coordinating outdoor education programs and partnerships.
- Experience working with, leading and coordinating volunteers.
- Knowledge of the “National Hunting & Shooting Sports Action Plan” and the associated strategies for recruiting, retaining and reactivating hunters and shooting sports enthusiasts.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision as well as ability to work within the framework of a team of professionals.
Location: Preferred location is central U.S.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience; plus, health and retirement benefits.
To Apply: Visit our website at: www.pheasantsforever.org/jobs
ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Please combine your cover letter, resume and 3 references as 1 Word document or PDF file on the Recruitment website.
Pheasants Forever Inc. and Quail Forever is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Job Location: Central U.S. preferred, AL, AK, AB, AZ, AR, BC, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MB, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NB, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NF, NC, ND, NS, OH, OK, ON, OR, PA, PI, QC, RI, SA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, DC, WV, WI, WY
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel: Yes
Required Experience Required: None