|Job Title: ||Operations and Policy Analyst 4 (Associate Director, Office of Outdoor Recreation)
|Industry Sector: ||Outdoor
|Job Categories: ||Management - Executive
The Position: Operations and Policy Analyst 4 (Associate Director, Office of Outdoor Recreation)
The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department's Mission is to provide and protect outstanding natural, scenic, cultural, historic and recreational sites for the enjoyment and education of present and future generations.
Do you want to make a real difference in the lives of Oregon's 4 million residents, and tens of millions of visitors and travelers every year, and have the opportunity to build a quality future for people seeking outdoor recreation experiences in Oregon? If so, we want you to come and work for the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department!
The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) invites members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. OPRD values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
- The Oregon Parks and Recreation Department (OPRD) is currently recruiting for an Operations and Policy Analyst 4 position to serve as the Associate Director, Office of Outdoor Recreation, this position is located at the department headquarters in Salem, Oregon.
- This is a permanent, full time, executive service position.
- This recruitment will be used to establish a list of qualified applicants and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
Note: This recruitment will remain open until filled. Our first application screening is scheduled for Thursday, November 30, 2017, but we may close the announcement at any time when we have received an adequate number of applications. We cannot guarantee that we will consider applications received after the first screening date. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
What you will do
The position "Associate Director, Office of Outdoor Recreation" within the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department will be chiefly concerned with building a collaboration among public, business, and nonprofit organizations to elevate and sustain outdoor recreation in every region of Oregon. This position will coordinate strategic action on state and national policy, legislation, and organizational goals that maximize the long-term benefits to the economy, personal well-being, and community livability
of public outdoor recreation.
For a list of specific duties, working conditions and responsibilities click here
What's in it for you!
The Office of Outdoor Recreation within the Oregon Parks and Recreation Department is new, but the first candidate in the position will have the support of a strong team. Inside the agency, the position will be supported by an administrative assistant, professional policy analyst, community grants specialist, and experienced recreation researcher. We offer full medical, vision and dental benefits with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and 10 paid holidays a year.
Operations and Policy Analyst 4 Minimum Qualifications
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Public Administration, Behavioral or Social Sciences, Finance, Political Science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and at least five years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work experience in outdoor recreation-related field, or a combination of related education and professional experience in an outdoor recreation-related field totaling eight years.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the classification.
Preference will be given to candidates who clearly demonstrate the following desired attributes listed below:
- Experience in organization management (public or private).
- Professional experience leading programs or projects.
- Experience leading collaborations of private and public organizations to achieve strategic goals.
- Experience managing projects or programs related to diversity or community representativeness.
- Experience performing the following:
- Development of goals and objectives for projects or programs.
- Development or recommendation of rules and policies.
- Evaluating projects or programs effectiveness, efficiency, relevance and compliance.
- Preparing or managing a budget.
- Outdoor enthusiast and evangelist.
- Leader, motivator who understands the importance of collective action. Team Builder or Team Player, as needed.
- Communicator and strong public speaker.
For Information Contact:
Chris Havel, Associate Director
How To Apply:
We will consider only complete application packets received by 11:59 p.m. on the close date listed on this announcement.
We appreciate your interest in this position. To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter as described below.
1. Resume: In your resume, you must clearly describe how you meet the qualifications for this position as listed above and include a list of verifiable employers and dates of employment (including month and year) and a detailed description of your duties and level of responsibility.
2. Cover Letter: We require a cover letter of no more than 2 pages, which addresses your experience collaborating with private and public organizations to improve outdoor recreation at a strategic level and articulating the reason why you are interested in this position.
Link to apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/oregon/jobs/1898344/operations-and-policy-analyst-4-associate-director-office-of-outdoor-recreation?department=Parks%20%26%20Recreation-Operations&department=Parks%20%26%20Recreation-Directors%20Office&sort=PostingDate%7CDescending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Job Location: Salem, OR
Country: United States
Position Type: Full Time
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job seekers must live within: No preference
Required to Relocate:
Willing to Travel:
Required Experience Required: 7-10 years