Bicycle Fleet Rebalancer/Mechanic wanted for Tech Co. (Sunnyvale, CA)
Posted by Bikes Make Life Better on 06/11/2019
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Customer Service, Operations, Retail - Mechanic
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Bicycle Mechanic/Rebalancer (Sunnyvale, CA)
Bikes Make Life Better, Inc. manages a large bike fleet at one of our client organizations -- think giant hi-tech company in Silicon Valley (Sunnyvale) -- and we're adding to our team.
We're hiring a full-time bicycle fleet mechanic/rebalancer to service a growing corporate bike program. In addition to maintaining the fleet bikes used daily by hundreds of employees, youll also be working to prep and repair employee loaner bikes, including e-bikes. In addition, youll be responsible for maintaining the daily distribution of fleet bikes around campus.
The ideal candidate should be able to competently diagnose, repair and maintain bicycles, be comfortable working outdoors, riding a bike in varying weather conditions, and providing excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Bike Program Manager with day-to-day operations
- Maintain and repair campus bikes to meet the Bike Programs key performance indicators
- Maintain and repair e-cargo bikes used for rebalancing
- Maintain and repair hybrid, road, and electric loaner bikes
- Build campus bikes on an as-needed basis
- Monitor GPS Fleet Management Software (FMS)
- Retrieve stray bikes that leave LinkedIn campuses to meet the Bike Programs key performance indicators
- Redistribute campus bikes daily using an e-cargo bike and trailer as well as a sprinter-style van
- Coordinate with Security for daily lock-up of bikes
- Organize and maintain tools and other assets of the bicycle maintenance operation
- Teach bike maintenance classes and clinics, as needed
- Assist with bike programs, events and special promotions, as needed
- Perform other work identified by the Bike Program Manager in support of the Bike Program Minimum qualifications:
- 2+ years as a bike mechanic, preferably at a bike or all-sports shop
- Proven ability to assemble and perform standard bike maintenance = Experience servicing electric bikes required
- Ability to frequently lift 40 pounds
- Working knowledge of, and comfort with, basic office computer programs (Word, Excel, PPT, email, etc.)
- Friendly and customer service-oriented
- Self-starter with superb time management skills and the ability to multitask in a collaborative, busy work environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Salary $22 per hour (weekdays only)
Health, dental, vision, 401K with 4% matching, commuter benefits, industry discounts, 3 weeks of paid time off per year, paid holidays, plus many of the benefits of working on a corporate campus.
Bikes Make Life Better is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with great perks. Please send your resume highlighting your experience and a brief response to the following questions:
- When did your passion for cycling/wrenching begin?
- What specifically interests you about this position?
- What motivates you about bicycle repair and service?
- How did you hear about the job?
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks. If you would like to contact us directly or if you encounter any problem in your submission, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org