Chapter Service Specialist
Posted by Safari Club International on 11/07/2018
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting
Job Categories: Customer Service, Education - Outdoor, Events
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within: Telecommute
Job Description & Requirements
This position is responsible for supporting the SCI chapter network and Regional Representatives for an assigned geographical area. Significant travel is required. Supports existing chapters and promotes new chapter growth and development through continues communication with the chapter leadership utilizing the tools and benefits SCI provides the chapter network. Serves as the primary liaison between SCI Headquarters and the chapter network for chapter compliance and support of their mission. For more information about SCI please visit Click Here and for information about chaperts of SCI please visit Click Here.
This position is responsible for supporting the SCI chapter network and Regional Representatives for an assigned geographical area. Significant travel is required. Supports existing chapters and promotes new chapter growth and development. Serves as the primary liaison between SCI Headquarters and the chapter network. Extensive travel is required.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – All areas of responsibility listed below are essential to the satisfactory performance of this position by any/all incumbents, with reasonable accommodation, if necessary. Any non-essential functions are assumed to be included in “other related duties as assigned”.
1. Serves as the primary liaison between headquarters and chapters, keeps chapters informed about important issues and educates the chapter network on SCI’s mission and needs. Sends newsletters containing SCI related business, project information or other chapter management topics, monitors Chapter compliance per the SCI by-laws, and collects an annual report from each Chapter.
2. Monitors, encourages and enforces compliance with chapter requirements as established by the Board of Directors and the SCI Bylaws.
3. Uses iMIS program to monitor, track, and report on chapter compliance with annual reports, Form 990 filings, 30% donations and all other chapter requirements. Uses this data to track efforts to maintain positive chapter compliance within the region.
4. Stimulates growth within the Chapter Network – Responsible for starting no less than 4 new chapters each fiscal year per Chapter Service region.
5. In coordination with the Director of Membership Development: Develops, promotes and implements new and existing Chapter Service programs including the Regional Training Seminars. Develops vision, curriculum, and facilitates training of Regional Reps. Ensures Regional Training Seminars are taught effectively and timely. Prepares training agenda and suggested materials for Regional Training Seminars and reports the outcome to direct supervisor to include, chapter involvement, Regional Representative Involvement, etc.
6. Assists in recruiting vendors for their fundraising catalogs.
7. Attends chapter banquets, board meetings, and fundraising events. Assists with planning and set-up, sells memberships, addresses the audience, sells raffle tickets, works games and auctions. Evaluates the success of the event and offers suggestions for improvement and reports results to direct supervisor and chapter president.
8. Reports using the corporate scheduling program/system all daily schedules. The object here is to be as transparent as possible to ensure all chapters are receiving optimal customer service from the CSS and so that each SCI department has access to individual schedules. Assures that each chapter knows who their Chapter Service Specialist is and what their responsibility is to the chapter.
9. Monitors, tracks and ensures that every chapter within the Chapter Service Specialist region in which he/she is responsible for, is listed in the Corporate Database. Monitors, tracks and ensures that each chapter reports any and all changes involving individual Chapter Board of Directors. This is to ensure that SCI has the most up-to-date information available on all chapter board of directors.
10. In coordination with direct supervisor, monitors and promotes the”value added” of the Chapter Service program to the chapters using data and results from the programs instituted. Provides daily, weekly, monthly reports as directed by supervisor.
11. Monitors and actively seeks other chapter based organizations ideas for positive chapter involvement, recruitment, and retention. Responsible for mentoring new chapters during SCI Board Meetings. Coordinates expectations and provides information to all new chapters never having attended an SCI Board meeting.
12. Communicates with their chapters on a regular basis, at minimum quarterly, working with the chapter liaison or chapter membership liaison to maintain a healthy chapter in compliance.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties, skills, and efforts. Position descriptions are not intended to form contractual relationships between the employee and the organization but are intended to be a reflection of the primary elements of a specific job.
Must demonstrate an understanding of, and commitment to, hunting as an essential part of biologically sound and ethically responsible international wildlife management.
Provides advice and counsel to volunteer regional representatives.
This position provides customer service and consultation to approximately 75+ chapters in North America with volunteer representatives from each region. Extensive travel is required as well as comprehensive knowledge of the organization’s requirements for membership and chapter fulfillment. The environment is fast paced and constantly changing. Incumbents work independently with little supervision, are called upon to be resourceful problem solvers, resolve conflicting priorities, and maintain professional decorum. The position routinely interacts with Chapter leaders and members, other departments within the organization, and external vendors and service providers.
Essential functions are performed in a typical office environment and require operation commonly used office machines and equipment.
The position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business management, or a related field and 3 years of related experience
Must be highly motivated and a self starter.
Must demonstrate excellent communication skills, attention to detail, organizational skills and exceptional customer service.
Must be proficient with spreadsheet, word processing, database, and graphic presentation software programs and have the ability to become proficient with proprietary software needed for the performance of the essential functions of the position.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Safari Club International and Safari Club International Foundation provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.