Thrive on innovation at a global technology leader. Develop exciting solutions in a diverse, stable work environment that’s focused on the future. Join us in a modern work environment with an open and inspiring culture and colleagues!
The Territory/Account Manager – Sports Optics would be responsible to manage the ZEISS Sports Optics sales and retail distribution efforts within an assigned territory. Primary territory responsibilities would fall under the Hunting, Sport Shooting and Birding/Nature Observation segments of the Sports Optics business.
Primary Retail Distribution Facing Duties include:
Developing the Sales Relationship with the assigned account base and strategically managing all sales and service functions accordingly.
1. Product Assortment / Placement
2. Executing a Merchandising Strategy
3. Promotional and Event Planning
4. Training Retail Sales Associates
5. Scheduling Seasonal Service Calls
6. Inventory / Supply-chain Management
Primary ZEISS Headquarters Facing Duties include:
1. Generating Profitable Sales
2. Building, maintaining and executing a comprehensive Territory Plan
3. Forecasting / Demand Planning
4. POS Reporting
5. Field / Intel Reporting
Event Participation expectations:
• Shooting Sport Trade Shows: SHOT, NBS, Sports Inc., others tbd
• Shooting Sport Consumer Events: NRA, DSC, SCI, others tbd
• Regional Shooting and Retail Events: tbd
• Birding events: tbd
Desired Experience and Skill set:
1. A deep level of the Hunting/Shooting Sports Industry knowledge is mandatory.
• Rifles / Ammunition / Ballistics
• Sports optics (especially rifle scopes, rangefinders, binoculars and spotting scopes)
• Birding industry knowledge (desirable)
2. Communication excellence – Internal and External
3. Other desired skill sets:
• Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Team-oriented (able to work as part of a team and support that team)
• Passion for success, driven, and hungry to develop business and product knowledge
• Accountability (strong follow-thru, ownership of assigned expectations)
• Willingness to learn; and to share what you have learned with others
• Home or satellite office is acceptable
• Travel required (40% to 50%)
At ZEISS we encourage creative thinking and innovation. We work in dynamic and interdisciplinary teams and offer individual development perspectives as well as flexibility in organizing your work. We care about our employees and take particular responsibility for improving society and preserving our environment. These core values have shaped our corporate culture at ZEISS for over 170 years.
We are an EEO/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer
Help us shape the future!
The application process takes less than 10 minutes, we look forward to receiving your application.