Posted by United Wheels Company Limited on 02/07/2019
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management, Operations
City: Fort Collins
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Contact Name: Chad Dresnick
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
The Operations Manager will manage the daily global operations for Niner Bikes. A solution-oriented expertise for all supply chain, purchasing, inventory, distribution and their corresponding personnel needs is required for this position’s success. This position will manage the flow of goods on a global scale from multi-national suppliers, through multi-location distribution, to the customer. The Operations Manager role will serve as a member of the Niner management team to provide input towards the company’s success.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee global forecasting, purchasing, and distribution to Niner customers across continents
- Responsible for ensuring just-in-time inventory levels to facilitate bike and frame sales inclusive of all items from frames down to barbs/olives
- Drive forecasting process with Sales and Finance departments to ensure continuous improvement (S&OP)
- Work with Engineering, Product, Sales, Marketing, and Finance daily to create cross-departmental project collaboration for new, existing, and products phasing out.
- Manage Fort Collins, CO self-run distribution and assembly center
- Co-manage Netherlands 3PL distribution center
- Assist with management of soft goods, parts, and accessory development in collaboration with product and Design teams
- Daily interaction with suppliers domestically and internationally; negotiate pricing, terms, and lead times
- Provide Operational input on supplier performance
- Manage global transportation network, both import and export, and domestic LTL/parcel requirements
- Responsible for SKU architecture and creation, database maintenance, website support
- Create systems to increase satisfaction levels (fill rates) and set safety stock levels
- Annual budgeting and monthly budget reviews to ensure SG&A spending tracks accordingly
Directly supervises employees in the Operations Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required. Must possess good interpersonal skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a highly dynamic and changeable environment. Warehousing and/or manufacturing experience required. Outdoor industry experience preferred. Global sourcing, purchasing, and distribution experience required. Inventory planning in an MRP/MRP II/ERP environment preferred. This position will require approximately 8% domestic and international travel. Must be able to obtain a valid passport.
About United Wheels Company Limited
United Wheels Company Limited is the parent company for Huffy Corporation, Batch Bicycles, Niner Bikes, VAAST Bikes, and Allite, Inc.
Back in 1892, George Huffman saw more than just a fad when a “bicycle craze” swept the nation. He saw a shift in the way people viewed getting from A to B. And with that, a simple sewing machine company began shifting its focus entirely to bicycles. From creating military bikes for our troops overseas during WWII to creating the first set of training wheels, we were there for our people. From banana seats to cruisers to Green Machines, we make fun.