Ebike Mechanic Supervisor
Posted by Rad Power Bikes on 03/19/2019
Industry Sector: Bike, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Retail - Mechanic
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Why We’re Rad (about us):
Rad Power Bikes is a leading consumer-direct ebike manufacturer specializing in high quality yet affordable electric bikes for weekend warriors, hardcore commuters, and family cyclists.
Madly growing and located in Ballard, we are seeking full-time Ebike Mechanic Supervisor to join our team. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and are looking to be a part of a dynamic team, this might be the role for you!
This role will work both assembling & approving bikes for safety checks as well as in our Service department at our Flagship location in Ballard. If you like to problem solve, work with bikes, motors, etc. and want to help us build a world-class service department, we need you!
We are open Monday-Friday 9-5, Saturday & Sunday 9-3. Weekend availability is required.
Why You’re Rad (about you):
- 4+ years of experience with bikes in a formal setting
- Prior experience supervising mechanics and/or assemblers
- Good communication skills, friendly attitude and interest in working with ebike consumers
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
You get bonus points for:
- Experience with electric bikes or vehicles
- Prior experience working in a service department or customer-facing role
Had you been with us last month, you would have:
- Learned about the ebike industry to understand the products we offer on a technical level
- Partnered with our Service Manager on developing goals & metrics for success for our service department
- Performed bicycle repairs, tuned & fit bikes for customers, and ensured that all safety checks were performed
- Assisted with inventory management of materials, such as bike accessories, tools, spare parts, and other materials as needed
- Helped to train more junior mechanics and ebike assemblers
- Participated in field service requests from local customers in partnership with our Commercial Sales Division
- Participated in local outreach events and related events with the sales team as needed
- Maintained workshop organization and cleanliness
Rad Power Bikes is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at 800-939-0310 or email@example.com.