Outdoor Pursuits Attendant
Posted by Silo Ridge Field Club on 02/19/2019
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Instructor, Outdoor Education
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Hourly
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Responsible for providing a safe and fun environment while providing memorable experiences to all of our members and guests. This position will showcase all of our Outdoor Pursuits offerings on site such as kayaking, paintball, archery, wiffle ball, canoeing, swimming, pickle ball, hiking and much more!
- Supervision of members ensuring safety at all times (including Silo staff)
- Fishing from both a participant and instructive viewpoint including all aspects of the activity from baiting a line to catching a releasing a fish.
- Lead and monitor water activities to include but not limited to kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding.
- Maintain an organized appearance of the OP area consistently throughout the day.
- Track daily activity of all activities with a daily report upon closing each shift.
- ATV driving on steep, winding trails on the ridge, and on cart paths around property.
- Daily execution of basketball, soccer, tennis, pickle-ball, archery, wiffle ball, football.
- Hiking rough and challenging terrain frequently.
- Maintain the appearance of the fitness center which may include light housekeeping such as sweeping, cleaning counters, and removing garbage.
- Stock and re-stock fitness center amenities throughout the day as needed to include but not limited to laundry for fitness center towels, food, and beverages.
- Biking moderate distances (10-15 miles) on both rough terrain and flat surfaces. Report any safety or maintenance concerns immediately to the Director of Outdoor Pursuits.
- Complete daily set-up/breakdown of department activities per the departments SOP.
- Assist with inventory counts as requested.
- Staying current on all activities offered and equipment related to recreational activities.
- Demonstrate or train others on safe and effective usage of all Outdoor Pursuits activities.
- Work with the Director of Outdoor Pursuits to create and innovate amenities and experiences offered by the Outdoor Pursuits team.
- Maintain requirements for AED, First Aid, and CPR certifications.
Skills and Qualifications
- No specific degree required - though a bachelor's may be desirable
- 2 years experience working in a sports or fitness environment strongly preferred
- CPR, First Aid, AED certification required
- Strong swimming abilities
- Valid drivers license
- General proficiency in activities such as fishing, kayaking, canoeing, paddle boarding, ATV, hiking, basketball, pickle ball, archery, wiffle ball, football