River Operations/Guide Manager
Posted by Canyon Voyages Adventure Company on 03/09/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Management, Management - Team, Operations, Retail - Sales
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Brian Roe
Contact Phone: 4352596007
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 10 miles
Job Description & Requirements
The position of Guide Manager requires the ability to prioritize, build team efforts, follow company management direction and think on your feet as well as the physical stamina to finishing strong as well as taking the lead in adhering to and demonstrating and adhering to the company philosophy and policies.
Prerequisites (*preferred, **required)
a) ** Qualify for Guide Certification
b) **Current WFR or WFA First Aid, CPR, and Food Safety Manger certification
c) *Valid or (ability to obtain) a CDL license
d) **Be physically fit and capable for the job
e) *Possess strong organizational skills
f) *Previous management or supervisory experience
g) *Demonstrate good mechanical knowledge and skills
h) *Knowledge of area rivers
i) **Knowledge or raft, kayak equipment, maintenance and repair.
Coordinate with the Assistant Manager to ensure constant, consistent supervision of Guides/Drivers at the warehouse to maintain Company standards.
§ Weekly Guide/Driver schedules.
1. Conduct Guide recruitment, hiring process and coordinate with Office Manager hiring packets for seasonal Guide personnel documents.
2. In conjunction with Assistant Manager, assist in recruitment, hiring process of seasonal Drivers and coordinate hiring packets with personnel documents.
§ Scheduling- Work in conjunction with Assistant Manager to post 2-week schedule
1. Manage the River Tours and Warehouse Operations Schedule
2. Manage and post 2-week Guide/Driver schedule.
1. Manage Guide/Driver timesheets for submittal to payroll.
2. Review Guide/Driver daily and weekly trip reports and complete timesheets, reviewed by Guide/Driver and deliver to Office Manager in accordance with payroll schedule.
1. Manage and assign Guides & Drivers to trips through online reservation system.
2. In coordination with Assistant Manager
a. Oversee and manage the completion of trip reports and ensure timely delivery to the office.
b. In conjunction with Assistant Manager oversee and manage logistical aspects of all guided trip operations; including river and land tours, guides, and commissary staff.
c. Refine, develop, implement and reinforce the CV standardized training program for guide, driver and commissary staff.
d. In conjunction with Assistant Manager, Company President and VP to carry out pre-season guide/driver orientation schedule, materials and dates.
e. In conjunction with the Assistant Manager responsible for maintaining a clean and organized warehouse facility and yard.
f. Coordinate river guide licensing.
g. Provide guiding, driving, commissary and main office service as necessary.
h. Assist rental staff in equipment rental rigging and derigging.
i. Perform other duties as needed by the company.
About Canyon Voyages Adventure Company
Canyon Voyages is a outdoor adventure outfitter specializing in guided whitewater rafting trips down the Colorado River in Moab, UT. The CV retail store has everything outdoor and is also Moab's trail running store. CV's gear rental shop does daily and multi day rentals of outdoor gear and boats including Inflatable Kayaks, SUP Boards and Rafts from 10" - 16".