Regional Sales Director, Eastern Territory
Posted by Grundens USA LTD on 03/15/2019
Industry Sector: Fishing
Job Categories: Management - Sales
City: Eastern US
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: Yes
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Carl Grundén began producing waterproof oilskins in 1911 for the fishermen of the North Sea in Grundsund, Sweden. Material Shortages of WWI forced the company to close but in 1926 Grundén Regnklader AP was founded and has been producing the most trusted fishing gear ever since.
Built by fishermen then, Grundens way of thinking today caries this tradition. We are humbled by natures beauty and power and believe if there are no fish there is no fishing, and eventually no us. However, with the right tools, decisions and attitude, we are able to work towards solutions. Working at Grundens is no different. It’s about finding resourceful solutions, working towards a common goal and building trust in the process
Grundéns is looking for a Regional Sales Director. The RSD is responsible for developing and implementing sales strategies to market the Grundéns brand to high quality specialty dealer base and key accounts while maximizing sales and profit growth in accordance to company objectives. The RSD will also manage and support independent sales reps and agencies to strengthen the brand, optimize distribution, and maximize sales.
Your Responsibilities and Duties:
- The RSD is responsible to evaluate and assist in the development of each account in both key and non-key market areas by establishing a positive long-term partnership with sales reps and dealers.
- Actively seek and establish new distribution that meets the required guidelines for the market area.
- Maintain effective communication with all appropriate personnel regarding brand, products, promotions and new programs.
- Provide positive leadership to sales reps, dealers and staff by educating them on the brand, products and business management strategies.
- Conduct effective sell in and sell through strategies.
- Collaborate with Vice President of Sales to analyze region needs and opportunities, submitting proposals to VP of Sales and corporate teams for maximizing brand experience, distribution, and account partnerships.
- Provide accurate regional forecasting for all sales channels.
- Partner with marketing and product development to achieve alignment on strategy and execution of marketing and product opportunities in each region.
- Develop and implement seasonal sales programs and promotions in collaboration with VP of Sales to provide competitive and profitable preseason and ASAP terms and conditions.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the activities and products of the competition.
- Review, analyze, and report regional sales statistics in the market on a quarterly basis.
- Monitor, enforce, and report on promotions, MAP policy and channel distribution in line with corporate strategy.
- Work with VP of Sales and internal team to organize and implement sales, quarterly and rep summit meetings.
Your Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Qualified candidates will have a bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university and at least five years direct outdoor/hunting/fishing apparel sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidates should have demonstrated experience and understanding of developing sales strategies and plans, implementing them through specific tactical activities. Experience managing sales reps and agencies is preferred. Experience and understanding of National Accounts, how they operate, metrics, and sell in/sell through planning.
- Key ability to pitch channel right assortments to National and Key accounts, knowledge of retail/ecommerce sales and how to grow these channels.
- Experience with Canadian retailers in Hunt/Fish/Outdoor channels as well as key accounts in Canada.
- Qualified candidates will be results oriented and performance driven to achieve organization, region, and individual goals; Customer focused with proven skills prospecting, developing opportunities, closing new business, and growing existing accounts in a premium product sector
- Have an analytical mindset for solving problems, forecasting, budgeting, expense management, profitability and loss, consumer selling, and territory analysis.
- Strong collaboration and relationship management skills, including the ability to effectively work with and communicate with multi-functional groups both within and outside the company to drive strategic objectives.
- Effective communication skills including presentation, written, and verbal, with the ability to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences.
- Tactical execution skills including managing competing priorities effectively, organization and time management.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
This position works in a home office environment preferably based in the Eastern United States or Gulf Coast states. It involves frequent travel (30-40%), including significant overnight travel, making scheduled face-to-face calls, cold calls, and attending meetings and shows. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be located near a major aiport.
We look for team members who have a professional and mature disposition, unquestioned integrity, moral character, and ethical values; one whom the organization can trust without reservation. The successful candidate will have attitudes and behaviors that promote management’s belief in the value of employees to the organization and uphold Grundéns core values of Respect, Trust, and “Turning Towards The Torpedo” to resolve problems.
No agency calls please. To apply please submit resumes and cover letters to Jobs@grundens.com**Grundens is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status. **
About Grundens USA LTD
built by fishermen then, Grundens way of thinking today caries this tradition. We are humbled by natures beauty and power and believe if there are no fish there is no fishing, and eventually no us. However, with the right tools, decisions and attitude, we are able to work towards solutions. Working at Grundens is no different. It’s about finding resourceful solutions, working towards a common goal and building trust in the process