Sales Representative - Climbing
Posted by Head Rush Technologies on 03/19/2019
Industry Sector: Action, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Sales - Inside
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
About Head Rush Technologies:
Do you have a love of climbing, a knack for connecting with other climbers, love being on the road, and exceptional work ethic and have serious sales skills? Head Rush is looking for your type to join the team.
Head Rush Technologies is an engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing company that specializes in applying innovative technologies to bring new adventure recreation equipment to the climbing, zip line, adventure and amusement industries. Head Rush products mitigate risk in adventure activities, while increasing throughput and enhancing customer experience.
We are best known for our application of eddy current braking technology in products such as our TRUBLUE Auto Belay, Quickflight Free Fall Device, and the zipSTOP Zip Line Brake.
While our products are distributed world-wide, our office is located in Boulder, Colorado, and the sales representative will be required to work full time with us here, in our exciting mountain town.
Job Title: Sales Representative
Reports To: Senior Director of Sales and Marketing
The sales representative is the point person in building and maintaining relationships with climbing facility owners and operators in the US (potentially expanding to all of North America) with a focus on selling and promoting the TRUBLUE Auto Belay and associated product in climbing gyms, rec centers, universities, camps or anywhere a climbing wall exists. This person needs to be adaptable, efficient and detail oriented, with the ability to quickly create strong, lasting relationships with key personnel at each potential or existing customer location. They must be able to quickly identify opportunities and decision makers at these locations to finalize the sale of associated product. They must be able to think strategically and see the “big picture” of how decisions will affect the business of both the customer and Head Rush Technologies.
The sales representative must be adept in the climbing industry and look for opportunities to grow the customer base through increased marketing activities and placing a wider spectrum of Head Rush products. Strong product knowledge is essential and the sales representative must be able to see how each product fits within a larger strategy for each customer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in current and potential customers.
- = Plan and execute sales trips and activities showing a positive return on the investment
- = Proactively assesses, clarify, and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis
- = Execute demo program to expand sales opportunities
- = Lead solution development efforts that best address customer needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company personnel
- = Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders
- = Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet performance objectives and customers’ expectations
- = Work with internal Account Managers to facilitate coordination with current distribution partners
Represent company at trade association meetings
to promote product
- = BA/BS in sales, marketing or business preferred
- = 3-5 years previous experience in Sales or Marketing or other relevant experience with a positive attitude that is key to success
- = Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- = Strong outbound sales and training abilities
- = Strong relationship building skills
- = Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- = Experience in the outdoor market preferred but not required
- = This position requires up to 60% travel
- = Must be comfortable at height with recreational activities and installations (ie. Climbing walls)
- = Must be able to climb at a high level (5.12 or better preferred)
- = Highly self-motivated
- = PC proficient
- = Excellent verbal and written communications skills
About Head Rush Technologies
The success of Head Rush Technologies is made up of its people. We are a committed team of professionals who love to work hard, play hard, and strive for the balance that is life well lived. We are big enough to have a wealth of talent and small enough that each of us knows each other personally. We expect people to work hard and smart, and be rewarded with being part of a great organization producing truly innovative products.
While our products are distributed worldwide, our office is located in Boulder, Colorado, and the positions listed will be required to work full time in our main office (click to see full job descriptions and apply).