Director of Adventure and Activities
Posted by Enchantment Resort and Mii amo Spa on 04/15/2019
Industry Sector: Bike, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor
Job Categories: Events, Hospitality Staff, Management - Executive, Outdoor Education, Trail Management
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
You: passionate outdoor activities visionary, eager to bring your love for hiking, mountain biking and everything outdoor adventure to an organization that continuously strives to be the premiere outdoor resort destination.
Us: Highly accomplished and world renowned resort in one of the most stunning scenic locations in the country looking for the Maverick that can elevate a phenomenal activities program to unmatched heights.
Lead, oversee and manage hiking, biking, resort activities, camp, tennis, Native American and guest programming at Enchantment Resort. Develop and implement unique programming, projects, special events and activities designed to increase revenue, promote the resort and enhance guests’ experience. The goal of this position is to elevate, implement and properly execute activities that would position the resort as the premier activity destination true to location.
- Provide leadership and directions in order to position the resort as the premier outdoor activity destination.
- Devise, implement and supervise all activities to ensure compliance with the resort’s objectives with a sense of place.
- Responsible for department’s Revenues and Profitability.
- Work closely with the Enchantment Group Corporate Marketing Department to create unique events to promote the resort and destination.
- Coordinate all indoor and outdoor activities for all ages.
- Work with the Group Sales Department to develop special activities for group participation to optimize additional revenues and enhance the guests’ experience.
- Create, implement and maintain the Children’s Program within the resorts standards and comply with all legal requirements.
- Participate in trade shows to promote resort activities, especially hiking and mountain biking.
- Ensure all business analytics are performed in order to understand guests’ participation, cost and profitability of each activity.
- Properly manage all aspects of the Activity Center and Club Coyote.
- Oversee relationship with the US Forest Service and reporting requirements connected to the resort’s permits.
- Seek ways to enhance permits and utilization of local and state trails.
- Oversee contributions to the Boynton Canyon Preservation Fund and facilitate where and how those funds are utilized.
- Nurture relationships with mountain biking and hiking guides in order to utilize their expertise to further enhance the resorts programming.
- Develop and nurture strategic partnerships beneficial to promote all activities.
- Responsible for promoting, selling and executing all activities to future and in-house guests.
- Seek ways to collect guests’ feedback and analyze data to ensure the highest satisfaction.
- Supervise all training programs in accordance with the resort’s service and safety standards.
- Know all safety and emergency procedures for guest/team members and how to act upon them.
- Understand, adhere to and enforce accident reporting and prevention policies.
- Interview, hire, review performance and handle team member disciplinary actions as necessary.
- Responsible for payroll and cost controls for all team members and outside contractors.
- Prepare budgets and monitor expenses for department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Enchantment Resort is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Enchantment Resort does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
About Enchantment Resort and Mii amo Spa
This is a place where every day can be extraordinary. Where you’re greeted at every turn by awe-inspiring landscapes, where your fellow team members welcome you as if you’re family, and where people come from all over the world to seek memorable experiences that can only be found here.
Advance your career at Enchantment Resort & Mii amo Spa, where you will be immersed in an approachable and collaborative environment with the encouragement to learn, grow, refine your skills and explore new paths.