Posted by Burley Design on 06/20/2019
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Management - Brand, Management - Team, Marketing
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Marketing Manager is responsible for driving Burley’s marketing strategy and implementing tactics to strengthen our brand identity while building brand awareness. We are seeking a hard-working marketing professional with a proven track record who has a solid big picture understanding of marketing and who can become an immediate contributor within the organization. The ideal candidate will have a diverse background in marketing with strong digital marketing experience, brand management experience, and knowledge about current trends and tactics in marketing. The candidate will work closely with the President, Sales, and Product Development teams to plan and execute strategies to build Burley’s brand and increase sales. Experience in the bicycle industry and a passion for bicycles and/or the outdoor industry is a plus. This position reports to the President.
- Responsible for leading integrated marketing planning and execution across all platforms.
- Develop and execute consumer marketing strategy and plans to build brand awareness and brand affinity. Lead on concept development, creative direction, design and tone of voice of marketing campaigns.
- Plans and coordinates Burley’s website and online strategies. Manages ongoing improvements to site to help drive product awareness and sales. Monitors web analytics to maximize brand building, user experience, and site conversion.
- Drive and execute digital marketing tactics from initiation to implementation with emphasis on analytics, email, SEO, and SEM. Use web analytics tools to measure site traffic to better optimize marketing campaigns, email marketing, and display and search advertising.
- Establishes and tracks to appropriate KPIs for all marketing plans. Aligns KPIs and other marketing metrics effectively to business goals.
- Prepares all marketing budgets, timelines, calendars and action plans.
- Bring forward innovative design and communication approaches by keeping a pulse on leading and emerging design and go-to-market trends.
- Plans and oversees the creation of Burley’s marketing and promotion materials including catalogs, dealer guides, media kits, sales and company presentations and other sales and marketing collateral as needed.
- Manage planning and development of POP materials for various sales channels that effectively help sell Burley products and amplify the Burley brand story.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions. Maintains competitive analysis for existing products and potential new products.
- Plan and lead execution of go-to-market marketing initiatives for Burley products.
- Develops and recommends product positioning, packaging, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Works with Sales to develop selling stories and plan special initiatives
- Coordinates and develops initiatives for selling and marketing tools; develop key information for workbooks, hang tags, web site and other marketing collateral
- Partner with Product Development team on identifying portfolio gaps and high-growth pipeline ideation opportunities and the validation and execution of projects.
- Act as a champion for the brand, regularly presenting brand positioning, programming and performance success stories across internal and external audiences.
- Plans and maintains training programs for internal staff and Burley’s IBD’s, on-line retailers, outdoor retailers, and distributors (domestic and international).
- Oversees coordination of all public relation activities (internal and external). Is a key point of contact in company for all editorial content.
- Performs other duties as required by the position.
Leadership and Management
- Coach, mentor, motivate, manage, evaluate and communicate with team members about career goals, performance expectations and marketing and company plans. Assure all team members are receiving adequate training and coaching and are obtaining the skills to take on more responsibility and develop professionally.
- Work as a team player in all aspects of total management responsibilities. Inform the management team and others in the organization about marketing plans and initiatives in a timely, effective, and meaningful manner. Promotes and maintains good public relations with staff, media and customers.
- Provides direction the Burley’s marketing team toward the establishment, achievement and measurement of goals and assigned projects.
- Evaluates and manages subordinate performance. Addresses performance concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Sets example for others by conducting business fairly, honestly and ethically at all times.
- Minimum job specifications require a bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or other related field, along with 4-6 years of marketing management experience preferably in the outdoor/cycling industry or other consumer goods area.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to lead by example and effectively coordinate with multiple departments.
- Must be self-motivated and must demonstrate the foresight to see what needs to be done in the position and have a strong desire to make things happen.
About Burley Design
Our vision is to build the next generation of riders, adventurers and explorers. This is our legacy, and we build it one day at a time by investing in our products, our people and our community.