Head of Marketing - Sweet Protection
Posted by Sweet Protection on 05/14/2019
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Management, Marketing
City: Oslo, Norway
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Contact Name: Bjørn Fjellstad
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 10 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Sweet Protection blends industry-leading innovation with the finest craftsmanship available to create the safest and most advanced helmets, goggles, protective gear and apparel. Distribution is strongest in Scandinavia, Europe and North America through retailers and own controlled eCommerce. The brand is currently under strong growth and we are looking for a bold, digital oriented communicator with great team building capabilities to take us to the next level.
The main objective of the role
Overall responsible for the brand identity and marketing activities of Sweet Protection. Further, responsible for positioning Sweet Protection as the brand known for making the safest and best protection hardware (helmets, eyewear and protection) in the industry for ski/snowboard, bike and paddle sports and to continuously drive development of other product categories under the same brand. This includes responsibility for the brand strategy and platform of Sweet Protection and building the awareness and preference globally focusing on selected markets and channels towards target consumers. Provide support to sales and key accounts that significantly impacts the sell in and sell through of Sweet Protection products. Build a premium positioning on own web and deliver upon set sales goals through own channels. Ensure that we have best in class usage of digital channels (SoMe).
Strategic: Responsible for the Brand Identity, Marketing Strategy and seasonal Go To Market-strategies in order to maximize marketing investments and impact.
Creative: Responsible for setting a premium brand message and production of all material used to promote the Sweet Protection brand through all channels. This include creative marketing programs, partnerships and promotions.
Execution and Management: Responsible for the key elements of the category and product strategy, marketing mix and the development and execution of annual plans within specified budgets. Co-responsible with e-com director for reaching sales targets through own eCom channel.
- Relevant Bachelor's Degree as a minimum (Marketing or Business-related) and +5 years combined marketing experience within the sporting goods industry or related field with commercial oriented mindset
- Digital experience and proven track record of succeeding with eCommerce sales
- Experience of working with an international brand with success in North America and Europe
- Knowledge of the sports business and how it operates, including knowledge of hard goods products and technology within our specified categories
- Ability to lead strategically processes across the regions while executing at the ground level (can think while getting hands dirty)
- Strong operational knowledge of project and marketing tools and tactics and the skills to align resources to achieve objectives. Experience with photo, web and social media platforms.
Specific personal attributes:
1. Requires a well-developed sense of strategy and timing both in and outside the company, involving negotiations and relations.
2. The ability to inspire, lead and manage internal and external resources and colleagues across a matrix organization. Strong direct and indirect leadership skills
3. Self-supervisory with superior communications skills
4. Proficient user of Microsoft office products
5. Languages: Must be proficient in English.
6. Ability and willingness to travel
The position is located in Oslo and reports to Managing Director of Sweet Protection and is part of the Sweet Protection management group. It is important for us that the applicant is aligned with the Sweet Protection cultural values: Performance, Attitude, Integrity and Teamwork.
All applications will be evaluated consecutively. Start date: 1st of August