DPS Direct Sales/Warranty Coordinator
Posted by DPS Skis on 05/21/2019
Industry Sector: Snow
Job Categories: Sales - Inside
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Direct Sales and Warranty Coordinator
Become an integral team member in a dynamic and growing company. DPS brings a fifteen-year legacy of innovation, with a brand deeply rooted in the core of the sport, and products that are design and engineering obsessed.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Work closely with the VP of Sales and the in-house sales and marketing teams to support the growth of the DPS/Phantom direct sales channels, and continue the tradition of excellent DPS customer service.
Direct sales is an important sales channel for DPS, and this position will be responsible for identifying and closing qualified sales leads and managing consumer order flow (email, phone, walk-ins) via the Help Scout, IQMS, and Shopify software systems.
The Direct Sales/Warranty Coordinator will also manage the daily warranty inquiries (email, phone, walk-ins) relating to DPS and Phantom products. DPS and Phantom have a reputation for excellent warranty service and it’s critical this tradition continues.
The DPS and Phantom brands participate in many trade and consumer events (sales meetings, trade shows, ski demos, retailer events) and the Direct Sales/Warranty Coordinator will support the sales and marketing teams through the annual business cycle.
Local and national travel is required, particularly during the ski season (October-March).
- Ski finder and consumer sales - DPS, and Phantom.
- Consumer customer service and order management.
- Warranty communication management.
- Weekly reporting.
- Trade/consumer events, sales meetings, and ski demo support.
- E-mail communication strategy and database management.
- Direct sales growth planning support, with sales and marketing teams.
- Ongoing sales lead generation.
- Support off-season sales and marketing events.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong emotional intelligence. Demonstrate exceptional customer service and sales skill sets.
- Strong, direct, and eloquent written and verbal communications - including brand and product.
- Mastery of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Analytics. Demonstrated ability to learn and develop data metrics to track activity on the websites and Help Scout (email,
- phone, walk-ins), then present findings to the sales and marketing teams, bi-monthly.
- Demonstrated ability to develop business plans, meet deadlines, and manage the execution of the business plan across multiple departments and sales channels.
- Demonstrated ability to remain on-task in a fast-paced work environment.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college. Prefer marketing, communications, or business emphasis.
This position must be able to:
- Work early mornings, evenings, or weekends during peak seasonal periods, carrying heavy workload, attending and assisting at demonstration events, or to meet deadlines and sales objectives.
- Sit and use a personal computer and engage customers over the phone for long periods of time.
- Lift boxes, binders, and other materials up to 40 lbs.
- Car, train, and/or airline travel as required.
- Required shop work as needed to fulfill sales requirements.
DPS Benefit Opportunities:
Paid Time Off: Unlimited, pending supervisor approval, proper management of work obligations, and upholding the expected leave of teamwork and colleague support.
Health Insurance: After a 3 month period of employment, participation in the DPS health insurance plan.
DPS Product Discounts: 50% off wholesale for DPS and Phantom products.
Industry Discounts: DPS employees have access to outdoor/ski industry programs, ski pass, and other local business
Located at the base of the Wasatch Mountains in Salt Lake City, Utah, DPS designs the world’s most advanced ski products by fusing space age carbon technology with groundbreaking shapes. DPS is responsible for the world’s first and only pure pre-pregnated carbon fiber sandwich ski, the first 120mm-waisted powder pintail, the first rockered ski with sidecut, the Spoon – a convex three-dimensional shoveled ski with radical edge bevel and Phantom, a paradigm-shifting permanent, one time application environmentally friendly base-coating that eliminates the need for waxing skis and snowboards. DPS products are sold on five continents and are the trusted brand of choice for serious skiers worldwide.