Head of Sales Development – North America
Posted by Faction Skis (Full Stack Supply Co) on 05/25/2019
Industry Sector: Action, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Management - Sales
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Publication/Media
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Full Stack Supply Co seeks an experienced, driven Business Sales leader based in Denver, Colorado to grow and develop retail partner and direct sales for our brand portfolio across the USA and Canada.
FSSC is best known for our Faction Skis brand and The Faction Collective films which inspire millions of fans. For 2019-20 we also launched the award-winning FW Apparel, an outerwear brand focused on those who seek performance and understated style. We call it Gear for Alpine Living. In addition, FSSC holds the global license for Roxy Skis.
The role is key, as North America represents over a third of FSSC’s $10m+ sales and with 40%+ growth across 30 countries, we are building a lean, modern international business with ambitious talent and every role counts.
Members of the North American team are expected to work tightly with their European colleagues to deliver the best products, inspiration and results possible.
The rolewill work with our retail partners to grow together, developing an outreach strategy that also ensure that the products move off our partners’ shelves and onto our powerful base of fans. The role will be responsible for several regional reps and will be expected to bring methodical management and improvement to every element of the sales function.
The role reports directly to Global Head of Sales based in the Swiss office.
- Inspire and empower your team to test ideas, learn fast and iterate to build an effective machine to build relationships with our retail partners and ensure maximum sales for them and the FSSC portfolio
- Train, develop and motivate the in-house and independent sales team in skills, sales methodologies and activities, product knowledge, teamwork, time and territory management, and competitive knowledge
- Implement processes and tools to ensure maximum impact between the sales team and retailer partners, which includes software and structure
- Collaborate with sales & marketing to build programs and onboarding tools to scale our processes globally
- Have a financial grasp of channel marketing budgeting – both Retail Partner Marketing (Trade) & Fan Marketing (Consumer), and align sales plans
- Align the NA sales team goals with broader business goals to drive maximum impact
- Analyze partner development activity and report on frequently metrics and actions taken to management and broadly to the team to ensure maximum impact
- Achieve targets
- Plan and execute quarterly Management Business Review meetings with key account Retail Partners
- Provides frequent information to enable the achievement of business goals
- = Contributes to seasonal forecasting, key accounts reviews and account development planning in order to report progress = Provides information at weekly Senior Management Team review meetings detailing business performance and ensure that the Sales Team contributes effectively
- Build bridges to create one FSSC culture between North American & European operations
- Positive attitude, motivates and enables the sales team to achieve individual high-level results
- Executes tactical plans in support of the business sales strategy and communicates the progress both internally and externally
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience leading high-performing teams
- 8+ years of experience selling skis & outerwear = A track record of sales results demonstrating customer portfolio growth. Excellent knowledge of North American market
- Experience growing, hiring and developing a world-class Sales team
- MBA degree or equivalent work experience
- Deep understanding of generating pipeline through outbound activity
- Strong experience with sales management tools and data-driven management
- Consistent track record of budget overachievement as an individual contributor
- Technology savvy
- Ready for the experience of a start-up where everyone matters all the time, not a comfortable corporate job
- An enthusiastic leader with the ability to inspire others
If you are interested to be part of an innovative organization, we are eager to hear from you.