Posted by Bikes Make Life Better on 06/11/2019
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Customer Service, Education - Outdoor, Events, Instructor, Operations, Outdoor Education
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Bikes Make Life Better designs and operates world-class bicycle programs for large organizations that have a strong commitment to sustainable transportation. We run a robust bike program for a high-tech company headquartered in Sunnyvale and are hiring a Bike Ambassador to help promote safe bike commuting to, from and around their corporate campus.
The role of the Bike Ambassador is to encourage employees to bike commute to/from work and encourage safe cycling habits around campus. The BA provides these services by developing and promoting programs such as events, classes/clinics, group rides and onsite amenities that encourage bicycling as safe and effective transportation.
If you're an experienced bike commuter, with outstanding customer service skills, and a real passion for helping people ride happily and safely, then this could be your dream job!
- Collaborate with the Bike Program Manager and Bike Team to develop and promote programs to encourage new bike riders
- Create educational and marketing materials to promote bike commuting and safe use of campus bikes. This includes digital slides, signage, and a monthly bike newsletter.
- Develop, promote and facilitate classes on bike safety, bike commuting and basic bike maintenance
- Lead group bike rides, model safe riding
- Coordinate, market and facilitate a bike loaner program for employees
- Assist in the coordination and execution of end-of-trip facilities that include bike racks, pumps, and tools
- Coordinate and staff all bike-related events, such as monthly tabling events, classes, and rides. Represent the bike program at all transportation events.
- Assist in data collection and analysis that measures the bike program against established key performance indicators
- Respond to employee requests and questions about bike commuting, bike related amenities and campus bike use
- Passion for bikes as everyday transportation
- Experience in project management and curriculum development
- Comfortable working with computers, including proficiency in Microsoft Office, content creation software (Adobe illustrator, Photoshop) and marketing tools.
- Graphic design skills a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Customer service focus, with emphasis on responsiveness and professionalism
- Reliable and responsible
- Experience as a bike commuter preferred
- Basic bike mechanic skills preferred
- Photography/videography experience a plus
Salary $22-24 per hour (weekdays only)
Health, dental, vision, 401K with 4% matching, commuter benefits, industry discounts, 3 weeks of paid time off per year, paid holidays, plus many of the benefits of working on a corporate campus.
Bikes Make Life Better is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to a diverse workforce. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, along with great perks. Please send your resume highlighting your experience and a brief response to the following questions:
- Why do you like bikes and bike commuting?
- What specifically interests you about this position?
- Why would you be good at it?
- How did you hear about the job?
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks. If you would like to contact us directly or if you encounter any problem in your submission, please feel free to email us at email@example.com