Posted by Tender Corporation on 01/09/2020
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Marketing
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Service
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The Brand Manager have full responsibility for leading a Tender Corporation brand or brand subdivision. This position will be responsible for developing brand plans and executing projects and initiatives for assigned brands, which support marketing strategy. The Brand Manager will collaborate cross-functionally to create brand relevancy with consumers, drive profitable growth and, develop and execute activities that build and support the brand equity..
Essential Job Functions
• Develop, present, and execute consumer-relevant, annual marketing plans for assigned brand with clear measures for success that contribute to sales, profit and brand health objectives.
• Leverage working knowledge of consumer, category and brand and continually identify, develop, and execute business building initiatives which deliver against the global brand strategy, and the company's business and marketing objectives.
• Thoroughly understand the brand equity and develop brand plans and initiatives, such as traditional media, digital support, promotions, packaging and creative, which fully align and strengthen positioning.
• Conduct routine analysis of the brand, key initiative, competition, category, customer and consumer. Combine key findings and indications which enhance brand and company performance.
• Lead and assist with insight gathering research that collects consumer and competitive knowledge that can be utilized to enhance and evolve the brand's development, promotional acceptance and communication.
• Thoroughly understand internal brand metrics, such as sales and profit, and actively contribute to sales projections and financial planning to drive the brand.
• Learn from consumer & customer insights to develop differentiated brand positioning.
• Build compelling business cases that demonstrate a deep understanding of consumer insights, unmet needs, marketplace trends, competitive environment and customer interest
• Ensure all Quality and Regulatory requirements are met and communicated appropriately.
• Manage brand SKU rationalization, mix strategies and profit optimization.
• Lead the development and execution of annual business planning for your brands as part of the company’s Annual Operating Plan and longer-term strategic plan.
• Evaluate product portfolio and the marketplace and make recommendations for new product launches and product improvements to ensure growth and brand equity in the marketplace including analyzing market potentials on an ongoing basis for existing and new products and develop competitive concepts to ensure the long-term, profitable growth.
• Develop and execute marketing communication plans via advertising and consumer promotions, including media recommendations, social media, PR, and consumer activations.
• Communicate regularly with the Sales team, and Marketing team to ensure that marketing programs are properly implemented.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with Sales to ensure meaningful integration and alignment in meeting the needs of the customer and marketplace.
• Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of experience in a marketing position within a CPG company
• Exceptional analytical, communication, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with ambition and potential to develop to more senior roles
• Excellent collaborative and negotiation skills with ability to build productive business relationships cross functionally within the organization and outside of the organization with agency partners
• Assertive self-starter with ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Strong record of complex project management with multi-disciplinary teams
• Ability to prioritize and effectively measure and drive for results in an entrepreneurial work environment
• Ability to take a more generalist 'business' approach to drive the business
• Microsoft office skills -- Experienced and proficient at a high level in Excel and PowerPoint
• Proven ability to develop and utilize many elements of the marketing mix to drive the business
• Research experience - consumer panels & Qualitative / Quantitative research methods
• Experience in new product development
• Previous experience with full P&L responsibility, a plus
About Tender Corporation