Posted by Liberty Mountain on 07/10/2019
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Purchasing
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Buyer for Liberty Mountain’s climbing, rope access and backcountry segments. Perform a variety of duties related to international purchasing, inventory management, forecasting, reporting, and market analysis. Prepare product information for catalog and website presentation. Daily tasks include data entry, communication with domestic and international business partners, international shipment tracking and logistics, and hands-on tasks in our warehouse. Some international and domestic travel required.
- Inputs data to organize and locate inventory in Navision, and operate spreadsheets.
- Negotiates prices, discounts terms and transportation arrangements for merchandise.
- Works with sales and purchasing personnel to obtain information about customer needs and preferences.
- Examines, selects, orders, and purchases merchandise consistent with quality, specification requirements and other factors.
- Analyzes and monitors sales records, trends and economic conditions to anticipate consumer buying patterns to forecast demand.
- Sets or recommends mark-up rates and selling prices for merchandise.
- Interviews and works closely with vendors to obtain and develop desired products.
- Conducts staff meetings with sales personnel to introduce new merchandise.
- Excellent computer skills are necessary.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Data management and reporting skills.
- Expert familiarity with a variety of rock, ice, ski and rope access equipment.
- Ability to write concise and complete product descriptions for web and catalog publication.
- Proficiency in business math.
- Attention to detail
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Required Education: Bachelor degree
- Preferred Education: Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering
About Liberty Mountain
Liberty Mountain is a growing full-line distributor of products designed for backpacking, camping, rock climbing, ice climbing, mountaineering, and other outdoor recreation. Liberty Mountain prides itself in supplying the industry with new innovative equipment through dedication, hard work, integrity, quality, and great customer service. Our motto is “Everything for the Outdoors." The company has been in business for over 50+ years and is currently offering service to thousands of customers worldwide.