The Fishing Industry Jobs Marketplace
Lead Bike Mechanic
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Operations
Company Type: Service
City: New York
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Are you an outgoing self starter that wants to get on the ground floor of a new growing business? We are looking for a Lead Bike Mechanic will be responsible for providing best in class customer service while performing bicycle repair in the field in our state-of-the-art Sprinter van. They will work under the guidance and supervision of the Product Manager. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee is required to perform. This is not a comprehensive list, and other duties may be assigned as necessary.
About the Company
We are a mobile bicycle shop and concierge service. Our goal is to keep cyclists riding longer, through exceptional service, delivered with convenience. We focus on maintenance, doing tune-ups and overhauls for individuals and corporate clients. We are a sibling to Motivate LLC, the leader in bike share operations nationwide.
About the Role
- High level of customer service - able to consistently provide an incredible customer experience under all conditions. Treating our customers with empathy, and being conversational.
- Collect and input data on customers, bicycles, and service.
- Have a driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Follow safe work practices and help to create a safe working environment.
- Ensure all maintenance/repairs are completed to the highest standard.
- Maintain and uphold all Motivate policies and procedures; report any issues or major accomplishments as necessary.
- Fill out End of Shift reports and Productivity Reports.
- Accurately manage parts consumption and inventory levels.
- Provide feedback for process improvement feedback to team.
- Perform all other, additional duties as assigned.
- You are a cyclist that has a strong passion for bicycles. You ride all the time. Road, mountain, gravel, you love it all.
- You have 3+ years experience as a bicycle mechanic in a high volume shop.
- You are familiar with Lightspeed for POS / workorders.
- You have experience working with high end Road, Mountain, Cyclocross, and E-Bikes.
- You are familiar with NYC geography and are comfortable driving a large vehicle throughout the city
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and are keen not to let things fall through the cracks
- You are comfortable working in a dynamic, high pressure work environment
- You can work independently to set efficient timelines and project goals
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, and are open to new ideas and methodology to improve performance and process.
- You are willing and able to work off-hours and/or weekends, based on the needs of the company
- You have worked on top of the line bikes and are as comfortable troubleshooting with SRAM Red eTap as you are cleaning bottom brackets.
- You love people. You’re happy to talk to customers about bikes, their families, jobs, whatever.
- You create systems to organize everything from your kitchen to your life. The thought of a messy workbench makes you anxious.
- You seek improvement in how you do everything.
- Experience training new Bike Mechanics.
- Experience in reporting production or financial data on a periodic basis.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Employee volunteering opportunities
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off and sick time
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Plan
- Free annual bike share membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Opportunities for growth
Motivate is a best-in-class service operations and logistics company, delivering bike share services to
some of the largest urban environments in the US. We operate in 8 markets across the U.S. including New York, San Francisco, Chicago and Washington D.C. and will serve over 1.5 million customers this year alone. Led by a group of urban visionaries and seasoned operations experts, our mission is to revolutionize the landscape of our cities. In an effort to completely transform the urban experience, Motivate is leading the way in making cities more accessible, healthier and sustainable. We operate and maintain safe and dependable systems that help make cities great by connecting individuals to the people and places they love.
We’re offering an opportunity to work with the most passionate, creative and proven team in this emerging, dynamic industry that is transforming cities around the globe.