The Apparel Product Manager is an innovative product leader who executes a seasonal business
plan and delivers a global product line that is ride driven, sales and margin focused and targets
our market share with a strategic assortment of performance product. The ideal candidate
brings global market expertise meeting brand strategy and customer needs and ensures timely
execution at each stage in the process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Expert in consumer identification and competitive insights.
- Analyze product performance, market conditions and feedback from consumers and
retailers continuously; update assortments and identify opportunities based on analysis
as well as expert knowledge of the current and potential marketplace.
- Monitor sales data, competitor and market information to effectively manage and grow
the assorted categories.
- Implement the product strategy, create line plans, product briefs and achieve a
balanced assortment focused on brand strategy, opportunity and identified growth
- Responsible for meeting gross margin goals and delivery against financial targets by
setting target costs. Achieve these goals through cost negotiations with multiple vendor
- Establish key items, setting of price points, SKU productivity and forecast against margin
goals and product specifications.
- Engage Sales and Marketing teams to drive success and understanding of product
direction for strong go to market strategy.
- Calendar deliverables for timely delivery of goods supporting sales growth, and
attainment of margin goals.
- Maintain strong collaborative relationships with Product Development and Design to
ensure exceptional execution of products by engaging in sourcing, development, fit,
material selections, and performance feature decisions.
- Flow product innovations, seasonal stories and highlights to marketing teams for cross
departmental knowledge and external brand communication.
- Responsible for maintaining PLM system with all relevant product details including style
and cost sheet set-up.
- Present line to supervisors; actively participate in review meetings, including edits, CAD
board reviews, pre-costing, line reviews, adoption and post-season reviews.
Customers & Relationships
- Communicate and follow-up with internal and external constituents globally, including
customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Lead key account meetings, build and maintain relationships with key buyers,
participate in line presentation meetings and continuously nurture those relationships.
- Maintain relationships with collaborators and competitors; attend trade shows and
industry events, as needed.
Job Qualifications, Competencies and Key Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical performance product line management.
- Understanding of a global performance brand; seasonal assortment planning,
merchandising, manufacturing and supply chain.
- Experience in mountain bike technical apparel and lifestyle categories.
- Strong knowledge of costing process, including evaluation and negotiations.
- Strong understanding of the design and development process as well as garment
- Exceptional analytical and data presentation skills with ability to deliver presentations to
- Superior organizational and communication skills; some experience managing teams.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and positive,
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Adobe Suite.
- Proficiency in Backbone PLM, preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, up to 20% of the year
Yeti Cycles is a ride-driven company. Everything we do revolves around making the best bikes in
the world. The work environment is relaxed but high functioning. Dogs wander the building;
bikes clutter the hallways and we always have good coffee in the morning and hoppy beers in
the evening. We’re located near five major trailheads and shut it down from 11:30am-1pm
every day to ride. We offer competitive compensation, annual performance- based bonus,
comprehensive healthcare, discounted gym membership, matching 401k, life insurance,
disability insurance, paid time off, one-time bicycle frame credit and annual apparel credit.
To Apply: Please Email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – include the job
title in the subject line.