Posted by Taos Ski Valley on 09/03/2019
Industry Sector: Action, Fitness, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Accounting
City: Taos Ski Valley
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
This job description is intended to be a broad description of duties. You will be expected to carry out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Specific information on duties and policies can be found with your supervisor or in the Employee Reference Guide. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of resort wide accounting functions.
- Mange interface of multiple company ledgers and accounting software modules.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Reliable attendance on all scheduled work days
- Assist with preparation of local and state tax filings.
- Audit AP and AR entries and functions as assigned.
- Prepare schedules for month and year end close.
- Complete multiple monthly bank reconciliations.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations as assigned.
- General Ledger maintenance.
- Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Reconciles intercompany relationships as assigned.
- Assist with financial reporting review and variance questions.
Resort administrative staff, including accounting, is called upon to assist throughout the resort operation during peak periods. This assistance is essential to the overall success of our guest experiences.
- Ability to communicate with wide variety of resort personnel including non-financial operating departments.
- Strong personal character and commitment to Taos Ski Valley, Inc.’s Commitment and Passions.
- Provides a guest experience that exceeds the guest’s expectations.
- Ability to gracefully and humbly accept criticism and opportunities for growth.
- Ability to stay positive, focused, and constructive when faced with setbacks, challenges and while working in an ever-changing environment.
- 3+ yrs. accounting experience.
- In-depth experience with multiple ledger and intercompany transactions.
- Experience with module-specific and General Ledger reconciliation.
- Resort and hotel accounting experience preferred.
- Project accounting experience preferred.
- Guest service experience preferred
- Advanced general computing skills.
- Data entry proficiency.
- Advanced Excel user.
- Experience using a 10-key calculator.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Accounting Degree required.
- CPA preferred.
Total Compensation Package:
This is a full time, year-round position with benefits including 75% of healthcare insurance paid by us, company paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance, al a carte benefit package options & policies to support quality of life such as 3 paid volunteer days, PTO and Wellness days, parental leave benefits & a 3% match on 401K contributions with socially responsible options!
Objectives of our overall compensation philosophy include:
- Fairly & competitively compensate within our region, industry & larger marketplace while keeping with our B Corp ethics
- Pair equity among genders and similar types of work, rather than relying on past wage history
- Support pay transparency & encourage openness on compensation topics
- Conducting regular, organization-wide pay analyses to ensure fair and unbiased compensation
- Rewarding those that are results-driven, contribute positively & bring additional value to the organization by aligning with our organization’s overall goals, B Corp ethics and sustainability guidelines.
Other sweet perks include:
- Retail, Rental, F&B, Lodging & Recreational discounts
- Totally cool deals on awesome gear
- Lift ticket discounts to partner resorts
- Internal recognition programs
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Awesome staff events and cultural experiences
- Access to wellness programs and gym discounts!
- A robust Employee Assistance Program offering all kinds of wonderful perks!
- ...did we mention the views are gorgeous?!
Here at Taos Ski Valley, Inc. we want you to Be Yourself! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience & qualifications, and your passions! So, if you’re stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at what you do, then WE WANT YOU!
We have Boarders & Skiers, Hikers & Bee Keepers; Runners, Walkers & Climbers along with Musicians, Bikers and Diners. Let's not forget our Adventurers & Book Readers, Family People, and Single Leaders; Dog Lovers, Horse Riders, Cat Tamers, and River Guiders; Doctors & Fire Fighters, Artists, Farmers & Fire Lighters! Whatever your passions, education or background, we guarantee you'll feel at home once you're Taos bound.
Here, at the end of a box canyon surrounded by wilderness where the Rockies begin in the shadow of the iconic Kachina Peak is a place situated off the map of ordinary. A place that since its first lift was installed over 60 years ago has strived to stay true to its roots while growing better rather than bigger. Here we get a glimpse of the future, a ski area that is redefining what a year-round mountain resort can look like. A place that is independent, free-spirited, and intimate in scale. A place that is more home than a destination, more retreat than a resort and the people that come here are more family than guests.
This defining drive to be better is at our core, but better means more than how we do business, it reflects what nature and history have so generously given us. Big vertical and terrain, abundant snowfall and sunshine, and a rich cultural mosaic formed by the heritage of its original Pueblo people and vibrant Hispanic influences. By its community of artists and artisans and by the adventurers drawn to its spectacular wilderness. Today, amidst this enduring character are the winds of change, it’s a revitalization of Taos Ski Valley that will preserve both our values and our environment while reinvesting in lodging, infrastructure, lifts, snowmaking, and facilities. Our goal still is to grow better rather than bigger and to create something that is unique in approach that is supportive of our environment, our community and our culture. This vision for the future has helped make us the first ski resort in the world to earn B Corp Certification. It’s a symbol of where we’re headed and what we stand for.
Positions dealing with children, of safety-sensitive and/or confidential nature, require driving or positions that handle cash may require a background check and MVR check. Employment is contingent upon a favorable background check and MVR check.
About Taos Ski Valley
As the world’s first B Corp certified ski resort and with a defining drive to grow better, not bigger, it’s no wonder we’ve built an incredible team living our values both personally and professionally, each and every day.
Here at Taos Ski Valley, Inc. we want you to Be Yourself! We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer which means your gender, your sex life, your skin color, your age, disability, DNA, military status, who you love or your religious beliefs are all welcomed and appreciated here. We prefer to base our hiring on your values, your experience & qualifications and your passions! So, if you’re stoked about the mountain, want to work for a B Corp, have a positive, can-do attitude and are good at what you do, then WE WANT YOU!