Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Posted by National Ski Patrol on 09/03/2019
Industry Sector: Snow
Job Categories: Admin/Clerical, Customer Service, Events, Human Resources
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Meegan Moszynski
Job Type: Hourly
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Job Title: Office Manager/Executive Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
Support National Ski Patrol (NSP)’s national office by managing basic operations, including those related to staff functions, human resources files, museum and archives coordination, mail delivery, periodic phone assistance, maintaining office equipment and ordering supplies. The Office Manager/Executive Assistant manages the budget for office supplies and staff appreciation. This role also provides support when needed to the four staff Directors (Marketing & Communications; Education & Member Services; Sales & Partnerships; Finance & Operations) on various projects.
Support the Executive Director in an administrative capacity. This includes document organization, word processing, research, travel logistics, internal and external communications, Board communications, committee logistics, meeting arrangements, and other needs that may arise from time to time. As the main staff liaison to the National Board of Directors and NSP’s standing committees, the Office Manager/Executive Assistant prepares meeting minutes, organizes the national calendar of committee meetings, prepares and distributes meeting packets, maintains all orientation materials for the Board, coordinates all in-person Board and Division Director meetings, manages the Request for Action process, and manages the Administrative Roster.
Responsibilities: Office Management:
- Manage basic office operations
- Maintain familiarity with each department and assist with inter-departmental communications
- Organize staff meetings, outings and other gatherings
- Manage human resources files
- Maintain orderliness of the office, including the ordering of office supplies and ensuring the full function and capability of all equipment, including telephones, voice messaging, printers, fax and copy equipment
- Work with departmental Directors on projects and additional tasks as needed
- Document organization and electronic filing
- Administrative and communications support
- Communications and coordination with national leadership:
o Monthly preparation of the monthly meeting packets for the Board and standing committees.
o Administer the NSP meeting calendar, including the organization of all National Board and committee meetings on the national calendar.
o Maintenance and distribution of all call-in information, as necessary.
o Preparation of minutes for all Board and standing committee meetings.
o Take notes on conference calls as applicable.
o Assignment and distribution of RFAs, including RFA log maintenance.
o Assist National Telecommunications Advisor as needed.
Skills & Abilities:
= Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
= Computer and Internet skills.
= Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
= Ability to interact with staff and NSP members in a professional, courteous and efficient manner by telephone and face-to-face.
= Willingness to multi-task, change direction with little warning and adapt to changing circumstances.
= Team player and self-starter.
= Reliable and organized.
= Passion for, and knowledge about, the ski industry, bike industry, and outdoor recreation industry a plus.
- 3 yrs. experience in customer service and/or office management.
- Experience working with Boards of Directors for nonprofit organizations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google and Zoom. iMIS knowledge a plus.