Treetop Guides/Ski instructors
Posted by Skytop Lodge on 10/26/2019
Industry Sector: Action, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Customer Service, Events, Guide, Hospitality Staff, Instructor, Operations
Company Type: Gym/Outfitter, Intern, Recreation, Retailer, Service, TravelandTourism
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Contact Name: Leanne Kavulich
Contact Phone: 5705958963
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
JOB SUMMARY: Instruct and assist guests with adventure center programming including Tree top guiding, archery tag, paintball range and games, climbing wall and winter sports. Assist guest with equipment rentals, equipment sizing and safety to ensure a pleasurable experience. Perform other tasks related to the operation of the Adventure Center as directed.
REPORTS TO: Adventure Center Manager
PRIMARY DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- Ensure guest safety during all Adventure Center programs
- Instruct guests during the various Adventure Center programs
- Provide guided instruction for 1,2 or 4 hours in the trees at heights routinely higher than 40 feet.
- Assist with the climbing wall including belaying guest.
- Assist with paintball range and games including the set up and clean-up of events
- Assist with Archery tag including the set up and clean-up of events.
- Assist with winter sports.
- Driving guest to their adventure activities as needed.
- Register guests for Adventure Center programs
- General maintenance of Adventure Center equipment and areas
- Conduct retail sales, programming charges and equipment rentals using Micros
- Carry out opening and closing procedures daily
- Maintain equipment in good condition. Observe and report any repair needed on equipment, furniture, fixtures or building.
- Provide information and instruction for guests concerning all Adventure Center Programs and facilities available to them, as well as having a working knowledge of the Skytop property and its offerings.
- Obtain signed releases from guests
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the Adventure center and the surrounding areas.
Winter Duties and Functions:
- Assist with Ski teching and snowboard teching.
- Assist with teaching ski/snowboard lessons
- Assist with Tubing hill functions
- Assist with Lift functions
- Continue with all summer functions.
SKILLS REQUIRED: Ability to read, write, understand and follow written or verbal instructions. (English) After training, proficiency in fitting and maintaining various pieces of equipment is also required. Ability to provide instruction on Adventure Center programs, willingness to be trained and instruct in all programs. Must have a valid drivers license
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to read and write English is necessary. Must have current certification in CPR (cardio-pulmonary-resuscitation) and First Aid or be willing to attain certification within 30 days of hire.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE: Prior experience preferred
- Must have the ability to instruct guests in a professional manner and make decisions expediently.
- Must be flexible, able to adapt to changes on short notice.
- Must genuinely enjoy working with the guests.
- Must be service and safety oriented.
- Must be personable and friendly
RESPONSIBLE FOR: Equipment, keys, charges, cash, guest releases and personal uniform.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be physically fit and have the ability to lift 20 or more routinely.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Schedule includes weekends, holidays and shift work. Work places include the Adventure Center building and outside areas. Schedule may change on short notice due to the needs of the Lodge.
HAZARDS ENCOUNTERED: Care must be taken to lift equipment properly. Many of the adventure center activities require physical exertion.