PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The Sales Manager is responsible for developing and growing sales within accounts through direct management of those accounts and the management of independent sales reps or agencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Expand sales within a specified territory by increasing business with existing accounts and developing new business.
• Contact accounts as directed by Sales Coordinator, in conjunction with company marketing and objectives.
• Responsible for understanding current terms and programs for specific customers, tradeshows, and special promotions.
• Prospect territory by phone and in person for additional sales opportunities
• Oversee customer service responsibilities for all territory accounts, working with office staff to ensure quality service for customer base.
• Maintain CRM database to include customer programs, follow-up correspondence, and computer generated sales analyses.
• Plan sales trips and travel arrangements to achieve maximum face-to-face contact with territory accounts, efficiently utilizing travel budget and time.
• Actively participate in sales meetings.
• Familiarize sales reps with the company and products.
• Increase knowledge of our products, and industry as well as the activities and products of our competitors.
• Establishes competitive and profitable terms of sales such as price, delivery, and payment terms.
• Provides input regarding the design of marketing materials, products, and packaging.
• Assist VP of Sales with development and tracking of annual territory sales forecasts, as needed.
• Attend trade shows and sales events, as well as travel to accounts to make sales presentations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience. Outdoor industry experience preferred.
• Strong computer, telephone skills, and interpersonal skills both verbally and written.
• Detail oriented and organized
• Must be able to make independent decisions
• Frequent travel is required.