Senior Graphic Designer
Posted by Marmot on 01/09/2020
Industry Sector: Snow
Job Categories: Design - Graphic
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
City: Rohnert Park
Country: United States
Required Experience: 7 - 10 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Position Title: Senior Graphic Designer
Marmot Location: Rohnert Park, CA
Reports To: Senior Manager, Marketing Creative Services
Newell Brands is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touch the lives of people where they live, learn, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial brands that matter while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
Summary: The Senior Graphic Designer, Marketing Services is responsible for determining the layout and production of Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA) marketing communications under the overall direction of the Senior Manager, Marketing Creative Services. NBTA is a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
The Senior Graphic Designer designs and produces both print and digital marketing communications by developing graphic presentations of products including advertising, point of purchase displays, tradeshow graphics, workbook design, web and various sales tools. The position integrates layout, and photographs with visual and graphic images to effectively present each NBTA brand?s image, product details and story.
- Collaborates with Marketing and Ecommerce teams to develop creative concepts and solutions that translate through a variety of channels, from concept to completion.
- Provide strategic design and concepting for integrated marketing campaigns across print, digital, social, event and retail channels.
- Exceptional communication and project management skills, adept at working with both internal and external teams.
- Assists with creative concepts and execution of direct to consumer catalogs and dealer workbooks in both print and digital formats.
- Directs lifestyle and product photography and video for web and print.
- Assists in designing and producing marketing materials for retail/wholesale partners.
- Seasonally collaborates in creating retail store graphic experiences, including fixture signage, window and tradeshow environments and graphics.
- Maintains existing brand direction and contribute to the enhancement of new marketing campaigns to ensure a consistent look and feel across the brands.
- Assists in photoshoot production and art direction. This may include coordination, scheduling, model/talent selection, and attending shoots.
- Experience storyboarding video and working with videographers and editors.
- Provides a mix of design and production to carry a project from inception to completion.
- Delivers programs within budget and in a timely manner. Follows all company purchasing and delivery policies. Obtains price quotes and process vendor invoices as needed.
- Actively manages professional development.
- University or four-year college degree in Graphic Design or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 8 years of graphic design experience in an in-house creative work environment, preferably in the active-outdoor industries
- Practical knowledge of other functions such as sourcing, design, production, sales and merchandising preferred
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator) in a Mac OS environment.
- Adobe Premier video editing skills preferred but not required.
- Extensive knowledge of the printing process for all types
- Ability to collaborate with multiple print vendors
- Ability to prepare files for commercial printers
- Understanding of software/hardware file interfacing/setup for prepress and printing process
- Video production/editing experience is encouraged
- Experience with digital photography is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in web design including web pages, email and multimedia
- Strong typographic skills including best practices for the web
- Interactive UX/UI knowledge a plus
- Displays creative vision and comes up with unique and interesting executions of clean design that links up typography with imagery
- Retail store design experience and MS PowerPoint knowledge preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent verbal and written communication, grammar and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment in resolving problems, work planning and organization
- Works well under pressure and can meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Willingness to take creative direction and partner with cross functional teams
- Excellent planning, scheduling and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple short and long-term projects requiring creativity and ingenuity
- Self-starter with the ability to produce draft concepts for review before final execution
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly
- Desire to continually learn the latest technology tools and design innovations
- Proven ability to work professionally in a fast paced and evolving environment
- Ability to manage and lead change
- Able to travel up to 5% of the year, including overnight travel outside of the local area