Bicycle Mechanic (FT)
Posted by Bikes Online Inc. on 04/02/2021
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician, Retail - Sales
Company Type: Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Bikes Online in Petaluma is hiring a Full Time Bicycle Mechanic.
We’re on a mission that needs the right humans to help make it happen. We LIVE to help Americans discover and enjoy the awesome sport of cycling. Our aim at Bikes Online is to be America’s #1 Online Bicycle Retailer and provide our customers with excellent service and support on our products.
We love to break though old norms, to get bikes and products to our customers quickly and to have a laugh through the good and challenging times. We also have heart and want to improve the environment that as an industry we love to enjoy.
While Australian founded in 2011, we’re global in our approach and presence and have fostered a culture where everyone can make a difference as we work together to make great things happen.
We have a genuine focus on nurturing our team with perks like flexible work arrangements, generous staff discounts, a commitment to ongoing learning and internal career progression across our international footprint.
Bikes Online are looking for an amazing bike mechanic to join our team. While we have over 80 staff located in 5 countries, this role is based in Petaluma, in Sonoma County within our California branch. Our team here works from Monday to Friday so that we can ride bikes on the weekend!
What Will You Do?
As our bike mechanic you will be accountable for getting returned bikes ready for resale. This involves:
- Identifying faults and cosmetic blemishes
- Replacing parts and tuning components
- Sourcing replacement parts
- Repackaging bikes ready for transport
- Listing products on the website, managing the stock of returned bikes and tracking jobs
- Assisting the warranty department with claims
- Providing feedback on bike range and design improvements.
- Helping to manage the warehouse space available
You will be reporting to the warranty manager
What You’ll Have
- An absolute passion for bikes
- Experience in the biking industry, preferably as a mechanic. Otherwise, you’ve been riding bikes for a long time and service your own bike
- Excellent organisational skills and acute attention to detail
- Quick to find the bicycle fault and able to work out the solution
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure or tight deadlines
- Ability to work and communicate with a broad range of invested parties (suppliers, customers, and internal staff)
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication to the company, its mission and the team
- A passion for learning and always getting better
- Familiarity with working with MS Office, Gmail and other software
How to apply?
If this sounds like you, there’s no better time to join a team already full of awesome humans.
Please send us your resume and cover letter by April 17th.
Job Type: Full-time