Posted by Santa Cruz Bicycles on 03/16/2020
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Manufacturing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Santa Cruz
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Santa Cruz Bicycles is searching for a few Production Assemblymembers to be a part of our bike assembly floor in Santa Cruz, California. You will join a passionate and fast-paced team with a commitment to excellence in quality bike assembly.
We build anywhere from 100 to 300 bikes per day, you will be a part of a team of around 60 people in this assembly line. You will start with simple stations like handlebars, tires and cardboard and move up to component picking and frame building. This is a key position in this company and many people have started in this role and grown their career with us for 10+ years.
We are looking for someone who works well in technical or fast-paced roles and looking for a long-term career in the bike industry. If you are a collaborative and fast learner, like working with your hands and always looking for ways to improve processes, we would be stoked to talk about this role with you.
Overall Duties and Responsibilities may include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Complete bike assembly tasks quickly and accurately at your station up to company standard procedures, stations include:
- Assemble wheels by adding tires, cassettes, rotors and packaging
- Assemble handlebar by adding grips, brakes, shifting lever, and the dropper post lever
- Apply custom decals to suspension forks and cut the fork to size for the specific bike using a pipe cutting automatic machine
- Prepare frames by adding water bottle bolts and applications for additional protection
- Prepare cardboard for packaging including folding, cutting and moving finished cardboard boxes for bike shipping
- Collaborate with your production team on assembly floor coverage and necessary cross-training on other stations
- Assist other departments such as Warehouse Prep and Warehouse as necessary
Competencies & Requirements:
- Experience in a fast-paced role
- Ability to stand, lift, twist, and reach 100% of the time while working
- Attention to detail and a passion for accuracy
- Experience using hand tools is preferred, not required, training will always be offered
- Punctual with a great attendance record, normal hours are 7am-3:30pm M-F
- Comfortable working in repetitive roles
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend and explain documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English. Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, in English.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the overall duties and responsibilities of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the overall duties and responsibilities. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel, reach above head with hands and arms, lift, push, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl, pull, talk and hear. The employee must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision may be corrected within normal range. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.