Gun Sales Associate
Posted by Scheels on 10/08/2020
Industry Sector: Action, Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor
Job Categories: Retail - Sales
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer
Country: United States
Job Type: Part Time
Salary: Hourly Plus Commission=$18-25 an hour
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Overview: The Sales associate is to actively seek out customers in our store, greet them in an upbeat and professional manner while providing world class customer service. We are looking for candidates that are passionate and actively involved with guns in the hunting field or other manners.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Customer Service
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine ?Thank you?
- Culture Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Servant Leadership
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Dress Code Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Efficiency Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Greet all customers on the sales floor with courtesy and a smile
- Grow personal sales by hitting minimum goals and following Scheels professional salesmanship standards to provide an above and beyond customer experience
- Promote the Scheels Visa Rewards card and be able to clearly explain all benefits
- Engage in conversation with customers and assist them in making buying decisions
- Demonstrate a passion for products in our store
- Attend all Scheels product training and all store meetings.
- Product Knowledge meetings are every other week from 530-7pm on either Tue or Wed you choose.
- Maintain a professional appearance on the sales floor Assist in all other assigned duties Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers and other employees
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative and vision for continuous improvement while contributing to a positive team atmosphere
- Exercise judgment and tact while working with customers or co workers
- Strong oral/written communication and reading skills to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all levels of the organization
- Must be willing to help with freight/stocking when needed
- Ability to demonstrate product usage within their shop and retrieve product from heights of greater than 6 ft Must be 18.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and or 1-3 months of sales experience
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation Heavy work ? Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects Scheels cares about the health and safety of our Associates. Associates are expected to follow all safety procedures and perform their job duties in a fashion that minimizes the risk of injury
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 5p.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Friday 9am-9pm Saturday, 10a.m. and 6 p.m.Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 20 hours. Daytime hours are a plus.
- Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
- Pay is hourly plus commission averaging $18-25 an hour
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.
WE ARE EXPERTS
At SCHEELS, we have a team of customer service experts passionate about the products with in their department. We are dedicated to having the best retail experience in the eyes and minds of our customers where everyone can discover their passion for sports, hunting, fishing, camping and much more.
WE STRIVE FOR EXCELLENCE
We carry world class brands and back every product we carry with our SCHEELS guarantee. You can feel confident knowing your're purchasing the same footwear, apparel, and gear professionals rely on.
WE PROVIDE AN EXPERIENCE
Your retail adventure begins at SCHEELS. Our stores include attractions such as aquariums, arcade games, and our famous ferris wheel. Don't forget to complete your shopping experience at Ginnas Cafe to enjoy soups, sandwiches, and homemade fudge.