Digital Marketing Manager
Posted by Leatherman on 01/20/2021
Industry Sector: , Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Marketing & Digital Marketing
Company Type: Accessories, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retail
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
The successful candidate for our Digital Marketing Manager will lead our content marketing strategy across Leatherman-owned digital channels (web/ecommerce, email, social media) and owned retail. Manage and execute (create, share, and measure) marketing campaigns that are compelling, relevant, buzz-worthy, and effective for driving demand generation and consumer engagement.
- Partner with cross-functional, including external, teams to build and manage the digital (brand and ecommerce), paid marketing and social content strategy and related calendars across Amazon and global Leatherman-owned sites.
- Work with in-house and 3rd party creative teams to develop assets for campaigns that align with brand objectives and ensure all visual and copy are concise, tell a compelling brand story and drive engagement with targeted audiences.
- Lead customer acquisition and retention strategies to attract new customers and drive engagement with loyal customers.
- Devise meaningful and personalized customer segmentation for differentiated marketing messaging.
- Work with global teams to localize ecommerce content on Leatherman-owned websites.
- Mange all email strategy and programs from initiation (marketing, triggers, transactional) to execution.
- Manage the social media strategy, with a focus on growing online presence on social platforms.
- Manage consumer loyalty activities as related to digital channels including but not limited to pro and discount programs, loyalty email exclusives, review management, surprise and delight activities, etc.
- Own the blog strategy, ensuring content is both relevant to the audience and is SEO friendly, continually optimizing content to increase consumption.
- Collaborate in the creation of the full-funnel paid marketing strategy with performance marketing manager, ensuring alignment across all advertising channels.
- Collaborate in the creation of seasonal product features and promotions across all digital and paid channels
- Provide direction and desired results for data analysis projects that provide valuable data and insights and uncover actionable trends.
- Implement continuous content testing methodologies across all Leatherman-owned digital channels.
- Monitor the impact of content, measuring prospect and customer engagement, social sharing, and the performance of campaigns and share out results with cross-functional partners.
- Stay abreast of latest in digital content and marketing.
- Support marketing and site team with ad hoc projects.
- Set clear goals and KPIs for all of your direct reports.
- Delegate tasks and set project deadlines.
- Oversee day-to-day team(s) operation and performance.
- Monitor and communicate with team about their performance through 1:1s and regular performance evaluations.
- Create a health and motivating work environment and atmosphere.
- Discover training needs and provide coaching.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Plan and organize team building activities.
- Action Oriented – Take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Business insight – Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization’s goals.
- Collaborates – Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively – Develop and deliver a variety of communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer focus – Build strong customer relationships and deliver customer-centric solutions.
- Develops talent – Develop people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Ensures accountability – Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Global perspective – Take a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
- Instills trust – Gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Plans and aligns – Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Manages conflict – Handle conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise.
- Situational adaptability – Adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5-8 years marketing experience.
- Strong analytical capability – experience using web analytics tools such as Omniture, Google Analytics.
- Comfortable working within email marketing platforms.
- Excellent attention to detail. Must be relentless in maintaining a high level of quality throughout the website.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work efficiently and effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Work independently and possess a high level of creativity, self-motivation, and initiative.
- Effectively problem solve, prioritize, and follow through on assignments and projects.