Posted by Backroads on 01/22/2021
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician, Warehouse
Company Type: TravelandTourism
City: Salt Lake City
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $15 - $17 per hour
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Backroads is the world’s leading active travel company and we’re simultaneously scaling our capacity to delight more guests, improving the quality of what we deliver, and enhancing our amazing company culture. We believe in creating experiences on the road less traveled. We think that exploring a landscape through your own power (bike or hike) affords you an authentic connection. If you’re looking for an opportunity with an established company (we’ve been around since 1979) and like to work in a tightly knit, collaborative and dynamic environment where you’ll have ownership of your areas, then you’ll fit right in! Backroads promotes work/life balance, and offers a fun, casual work environment
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build, service and prepare bicycles for Backroads trip and unit requirements.
- Travel as needed both domestically and internationally to repair and prep bikes in regions in which Backroads operates.
- Train field staff bike skills to field staff during Leader training sessions and refresher courses.
- Organize prepped bikes and all bicycle related inventory for departures according to the supplied bike lists.
- Assist in maintaining an accurate inventory of all bicycles.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the Bike Shop and related storage areas.
- Maintain the general security of the warehouse facilities and equipment.
- Report any supply or parts needs and keep tabs on inventory of service items.
- All duties as necessary or assigned.
Required Knowledge and Ability:
- Thorough knowledge of bicycle maintenance, problem solving, and industry trends.
- Bike Shop experience (2 years or equivalent).
- Availability, willingness and eagerness to travel for work, up to 8 weeks at a time, 2-3 times a year, including international travel to non-English speaking areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft products.
- Valid Utah driver’s license, and passport as needed for international travel. Experience driving large vehicles or vehicles with a trailer is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and complete numerous tasks under time constraints.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details.
- Experience with electric bikes a plus
- Ability to lift 50lbs without assistance.
Backroads is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
At Backroads, we believe that traveling under your own power and at your own pace opens up an opportunity to connect more meaningfully with the world. Our mission is to provide a travel experience so transformative that you’ll never want to travel in any other way. We provide amazing support on meticulously planned itineraries with superb accommodations so you can be totally present enjoying your adventure.