Posted by Burley Design on 02/15/2021
Industry Sector: Bike, Outdoor
Job Categories: Design - Graphic
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
From everyday errands to extraordinary expeditions, Burley has helped folks do more by bike since 1978. A leader in transport gear, Burley is committed to building the future generation of riders, adventures, and explorers. While we continue to perfect the bicycle trailer that put us on the map, the Burley product portfolio has grown over time to meet the changing needs of our customers. From multi-functional child trailer to cargo and pet haulers, we put our heart and soul into everything we build. The Burley brand stands for unmatched quality today, just as it did over 40 years ago.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Finalists for this position are subject to criminal background check.
Burley is hiring a Graphic Designer to join its Marketing team! A new position at Burley, this individual will report to the organization’s Marketing Manager and be responsible for leading and developing brand-building creative work for Burley’s marketing, retail, and social channels.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
This individual will:
- Partner with the Marketing team to develop strategic visuals for the brand, including: emails, packaging, brand collateral, display ads, website assets, POP, social media, product manuals, partnership pieces, and product to drive sales and consumer engagement.
- Work within and lead maintenance and evolution of brand guidelines.
- Own, lead, and contribute to projects throughout the entire design process from defining the problem to improving the solution.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and design concepts while proactively seeking feedback on work from team members.
- Own the creation of visual storytelling elements and be able to articulate ideas, rationale, and design details, both verbally and in writing.
- Have a strong understanding of best design practices for digital, print production, and retail engagement.
- Own design responsibilities on projects and communicate effectively with stakeholders on roadblocks and opportunities to ensure project success.
- Manage day-to-day workflow while adhering to project timelines and deliverables.
ESSENTIAL DUTITES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Learn the Burley family of products and be able to apply brand guidelines in both strict and creative approaches across marketing and sales deliverables.
- Lead, implement, and maintain the brand guideline rollout across a variety of mediums.
- Create and implement a process around internal design requests.
- Assess brand packaging and opportunities to better connect with the end consumer.
- Design email campaign artwork in collaboration with the Marketing team.
- Incorporate UI design into website navigation, design, and layout.
- Assist in planning and execution of studio and lifestyle photo shoots and video recordings.
- Participate in creative brainstorming sessions with the marketing team.
- Help with creating and editing brand copywriting for collateral pieces, website, and more that effectively translate the Burley brand voice based on brand guidelines.
- Performs other tasks and projects as identified. Ie: Copywriting, photo editing, event attendance, other marketing initiatives, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design.
- 5+ years of graphic design experience in web, mobile, and print at a consumer product company, advertising agency, or as an in-house designer.
- A strong portfolio showing strategic and creative design work that integrates use-centered design solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to design for accessibility and inclusion.
- Be a team player that is customer-centric and boasts a highly creative problem solver mindset.
- Proficient in full Adobe Creative Suite, Google platform, and Microsoft Office.
- Expertise with typography, layout, and color choice.
- Experience in After Effects and/or HTML/CSS.
- Knowledge and experience in email marketing design, especially within MailChimp.
- Thorough understanding of current web design best practices. Direct UI design education and experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and quickly prioritize tasks.
- Photography art direction experience (preferred).
- Demonstrate keen attention to detail and service-oriented approach.
- Ability to work individually and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and create an effective design.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work area is indoors in a climate-controlled environment with moderate background noise.
- The ability to use a keyboard, and to communicate orally and in writing is required.
- The ability to work extended hours as the business needs dictate.
- Must be able to transport and set up product.
- Position is in Eugene, Oregon and is temporarily full-time work-from-home with the intent of being back in the office pending state COVID-19 restrictions.
About Burley Design
Our vision is to build the next generation of riders, adventurers and explorers. This is our legacy, and we build it one day at a time by investing in our products, our people and our community.