Customer Service Support Rep
Posted by Sea to Summit on 02/16/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Admin/Clerical, Customer Service
Company Type: Accessories
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Sea to Summit is an award-winning Australian brand and manufacturer of innovative, meticulously engineered outdoor gear designed for adventures at every altitude. Our ethos - ‘to equip and inspire’, applies to everything we do. We create things that are nimble and light, and we seek out new challenges while welcoming fresh thinking. We pass on our collective experiences - by designing equipment that brings you closer to the outdoors. Sea to Summit was established in 1990 and currently has offices in Western Australia, North America, Germany, and China. We currently have an excellent opportunity for an individual who has a passion for providing great customer service and is detail oriented, organized and adaptable to join our team as a Customer Service Support Rep in our Boulder, CO office.
The Customer Service Support Rep will develop strong long-term partnerships with our dealers and work closely with our in-house sales reps to build brand loyalty and trust, resulting in revenue growth. This position keenly interact with retailers and consumers at all levels providing best-in-class product knowledge, support, and follow through. Additionally, they will regularly communicate and interact with our internal Sales & Operations teams. This position will ensure a flow of relevant sales and customer information, so that the company can meet and exceed our customer’s needs and our internal company goals. The Customer Service Support Rep will strive to create the best possible experience our customers can have with the brand in every interaction day-to-day.
- Execute and exemplify excellent customer service in all interactions.
- Timely and accurate processing of sales orders, returns, and help tickets.
- Maintain a professional and courteous relationship with dealers and consumers, engaging with them to truly understand their needs and provide solutions.
- Acquire and maintain comprehensive systems & process knowledge, pricing tools, inventory, lead time, and resources needed to respond to customer inquiries and provide cross-funtional support to multiple internal teams.
- Provide prompt communication of order confirmations and backorders Act as a liaison between customers and various departments
- Process return to stock and credit transactions
- Process warranty requests including Return Authorizations
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all products
- Answer and direct incoming company phone calls
- Handle consumer questions or issues in a professional and timely manner
- Understand the needs of Sea to Summit’s retail partners and consumers and provide support to enable their success or satisfaction.
- Demonstrate “nimbility” by providing cross-functional support as needed.
- Work in tandem with various departments and maintain a flexible attitude supporting all the work that helps in achieving organizational goals, along with other duties as assigned.
- 2+ years in in-sales and/or customer service role experience
- Comfortable and professional when speaking with dealers and consumers on the phone
- Exceptional verbal and written skills with a strong aptitude for accuracy and detail
- Aptitude for learning, understanding and retaining technical product information Strong base of outdoor product knowledge
- Exceptional active listening and organizational skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Adobe PDF
- Ability to solve problems and bring new ideas to the team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly build rapport with both consumers, customers and peers
- Possess a friendly and positive attitude Experience with data entry in an order management system - SAP ERP or CRM is a plus
- Flexible and adaptable when facing changing priorities in a fast paced environment
- An active user of our product and passionate outdoor participant is highly desired
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package which include health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K match, paid time off, community service leave, paid holidays, RTD Pass, gear allowance and some other great perks. This position starts between $17.00 - $20.00 per hour depending on previous experience.
COVID Precaution - Temporarily Remote – this is an office-based position that is temporarily remote. This position will be remote until it is safe to return to the workplace, located in Boulder, Colorado, on a date TBD.
Sea to Summit is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
NOTE: This job posting is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job title – Customer Service (RaD) Support Rep
Location – Boulder, CO
Department – Retail and Digital (RaD) Support Team
About Sea to Summit
Significant growth and international recognition haven diminished our start-up spirit though still a highly creative, fully collaborative team with a radically innovative approach that mirrors the hungry, young company of our roots.
We'e a dynamic business with offices in Australia, Germany, China and Hong Kong.