TITLE: Sales and Operations Analyst
LOCATION: Brooklyn, New York (BioLite is currently in an all-remote capacity due to COVID-19.)
REPORTS TO: Logistics and Fulfillment Manager
COMPENSATION: Salary is comparable to other early-stage companies, and includes benefits like fully covered healthcare, company bonus plan, and equity stock options.
BioLite is a for-profit social enterprise that develops, manufactures and markets distributed energy solutions for off-grid communities around the world. Our business serves two distinct markets, developing-world families living in energy poverty, and outdoor enthusiasts seeking off-grid cooking, charging and lighting products.
BioLite believes in a bright and safe future for all, and that includes life at work. BioLite is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we aim to enable everyone to show up as their full selves. An inclusive environment and culture makes our solutions better and our entire team smarter. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
BioLite is looking for an Ecomm Sales and Operations Analyst to ensure product pages on the website are kept up-to-date, data is flowing correctly between the website and our ERP system, customers are receiving timely communication about their orders, and orders are being fulfilled on time. You will report to the Logistics and Fulfillment Manager and work with our sales, customer service, marketing, S&OP, and supply chain departments. You will be essential to fulfilling BioLite's mission of bringing energy everywhere by delivering clean cooking, charging, and lighting products to our Ecommerce and Amazon customers on time, every time.
- Ensure inventory and order data is flowing accurately between Shopify, Celigo, and NetSuite;
- Monitor fraud and stuck orders to ensure no customer orders are getting missed;
- Set up new and manage current SKUs in Shopify, keeping product pages up to date including pricing, product description, and inventory availability;
- Monitor ecomm sales orders across our Distribution Centers (DCs) to ensure they are fulfilled within our Service Level Agreements;
- Monitor inventory levels at our DCs to forecast and prevent fulfillment issues and delays;
- Manage all inventory receipts, including returns and inbound shipments;
- Send timely communication to customers about any order issues - this could include delayed orders at the DC, unexpected back-orders, and shipping delays;
- Manage Amazon inventory feed - this includes ensuring shipments are going out to Amazon in time to replenish inventory levels to prevent stock outs, making sure inventory gets checked into Amazon, and reconciling Amazon shipments in NetSuite.
- Provide backup and support to Dealer Services and wholesale fulfillment
- 1+ years of experience in a professional work environment; preferably in a supply chain, logistics, or operations role or working in consumer products, e-commerce, manufacturing supply chain, management consulting, or a related industry;
- Experience in a role requiring frequent cross-departmental collaboration a plus;
- You have experience with an ecommerce business with familiarity with Shopify, NetSuite, or other web platforms and ERPs
- Experience working with warehouse partners a plus;
- Comfort using excel to present data using simple formulas and pivot tables;
- Passion for delivering outstanding customer service to your internal clients and external customers;
- Comfort balancing competing demands;
Your application should include a PDF of your resume and cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position.
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- PTO and family leave
- Community bonus plan and equity stock options.
- Adventure Stipend (after two years)
- Community engagement activities - we celebrate each other's wins and work as a team!