Senior Fishing Tackle Buyer
Posted by FishUSA, Inc. on 04/23/2021
Industry Sector: Fishing, Outdoor
Job Categories: Merchandising, Retail - Management- Staff, Sourcing
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, HardGoods/Equipment, Retailer
City: Fairview (Erie)
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Senior Fishing Tackle Buyer
If you are an experienced purchasing professional with significant experience in the fishing/outdoors industry--FishUSA is offering a unique opportunity in Fairview, PA. We're a leading online retailer of fishing tackle, one of Northwest Pennsylvania's fastest growing companies, and known to customers across the U.S. and the world as "America's Tackle Shop."
Our growth has created the need to add a Senior Buyer to our Merchandising team. This full-time position will play a key role in accelerating our company’s growth and merchandise expansion efforts.
If you have buying experience and proven expertise in creating sales projections, determining optimal order quantities, maximizing inventory efficiency, and sourcing new products in a high-volume retail/e-commerce environment--and you love fishing--you may be the professional that we need to join our team.
FishUSA thrives on teamwork, and the Senior Buyer will report to our Senior Director of Merchandising and work closely with other buyers and professionals across FishUSA. You will manage established vendor partnerships while also playing a key role in creating new merchandising opportunities for the business. You will also bring significant fishing products and buying expertise in areas such as fly, bass, and saltwater.
Key responsibilities for this role will include the following:
- Assume lead responsibility, gain comprehensive understanding, and maintain excellent working relationships with assigned vendor accounts
- Evaluate, recommend, and source new products from manufacturers
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and other product allowances
- Establish and maintain excellent working vendor and industry relationships
- Recommend and determine order quantities, create and execute purchase orders, and track receipt of shipments through delivery to FishUSA
- Become proficient in our Oracle NetSuite platform to perform key analyses related to product performance, profitability, and customer buying patterns
Key qualifications for this role will include the following:
- 5-10 years of fishing industry experience
- 5+ years of progressive buying experience
- Proven knowledge of fishing industry sales trends and retailers
- Strong computer and analytical capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent negotiating skills
- Highly organized
- Understanding of ecommerce and today’s retail environment for fishing tackle
- Expertise in fly fishing, bass fishing, inshore saltwater fishing, kayak fishing, or related areas
- Undergraduate college degree or equivalent business experience
Additional Information about the Company and Next Steps
FishUSA, Inc. was launched online (FishUSA.com) by an ecommerce pioneer in 2000 so we celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2020. Our corporate offices (which include our online business and staff, our popular Pro Shop, and our expanding warehouse) are conveniently located in Fairview, PA, only a few minutes away from the shores of Lake Erie and the city of Erie.
We are seeking candidates who live within 150 miles of our offices, although we are open to considering other candidates who are willing to relocate. After an introductory period, we are willing to consider a combination of in-office and remote work. Also, we are not working with any placement firms.
Interested and qualified candidates should email us in confidence with a cover letter indicating how their background and interests make them an ideal candidate for this position, along with a copy of their resumein Word or PDF format, to CEO@FishUSA.com in response to this posting.
About FishUSA, Inc.
FishUSA is “America’s Tackle Shop™,” and a leading online retailer of fishing tackle. We were launched online in 2000 and celebrated our 20th anniversary in 2020.
Our corporate offices (including our online business and staff, our popular Pro Shop, and our expanding warehouse) are conveniently located in Fairview, PA (only minutes from Erie, PA). We’re within the region’s “Steelhead Alley,” only minutes from beautiful Lake Erie and Presque Isle Bay, and we value our strong industry partnerships with tackle manufacturers, distributors, pro/amateur anglers and clubs, and numerous other groups.
Our customers are not casual anglers--they are enthusiasts who are passionate about fishing! To provide them with world class experience that they deserve, we carry a wide variety of popular and specialized fishing products. We also offer competitive prices, fast delivery, full product support, and exceptional customer service.