VP Product Development (M/F/D)
Posted by YT Industries GmbH on 04/15/2021
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Design & Development - Product, Management
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Hausen, Germany
Required Experience: 10+ years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
We are looking for a VP Product Development who will play an essential role in delivering YT’s stated goal to become the biggest mountain bike brand in the world. Reporting directly to the CEO, the VP leads the Design, Engineering, Kinematics, Specifications & Supplier Relations, Assembly, and Quality teams located in Germany and Asia and is responsible for the development of of all YT bikes.
The main deliverable for the VP Product Development is to continue and build on YT’s history of developing and delivering award-winning world-class mountain bikes that YT customers love. The VP is responsible for developing both the people and the capabilities that YT needs to meet our current and future aggressive growth plans in both conventional and e-bike models of existing mountain bike segments in additional to expanding into select new target segments. The VP needs to be a cycling industry expert, ideally with strong mountain bike DNA. The VP should bring extensive experience with frame design, frame manufacturing in Asia, component sourcing & selection, and bike assembly.
The VP is responsible for understanding the market environments specific to YT and creating plans to keep YT on the leading edge of products. Together with the Product Development team, and in close cooperation with the Marketing and Product Identity organizations, the VP needs to be able to anticipate customer needs in delivering the next generation of high-quality bikes built from in-house designed & engineered frames paired with externally sourced industry-leading components that live up to our mission of enabling our customers to LIVE UNCAGED. In close collaboration with our assembly partners and frame & component suppliers, the VP will develop product and assembly plans to ensure bikes are assembled on-time at to YT’s high-quality standards.
The VP is responsible for every step, from new product concepts to the delivery of finished goods.
• Solidify and build a global team of world class people in Product Development, Purchasing, and Quality. Immediate management responsibility of approximately 30 people expected to grow significantly over the coming years
• Play an active role in defining the future of the mountain bike industry, creating world-class bikes that puts YT in a product leadership position
• Develop and implement long-term product plans for development and production
• Develop and implement long-term purchasing and production strategies to support the product and business plans
• Consistently deliver the highest possible quality of product for YT customers
• Co-Pilot for “The Plan” company business planning (forecasting)
• Define and active manage input and output KPIs for PD, Quality, and Bike Ordering departments
• Budget responsibility for the Product Development organization
WHAT YOU BRING IN
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading product development, purchasing, and quality functions at a performance-oriented bicycle company. You should be comfortable working in a fast paced, growing company and be hungry for challenges and professional growth. Also, you should be able to combine hands-on work and coaching with the teams to bring active projects across the finish line with longer term strategic thinking to take YT to the next level. You have a large and diverse team of people to manage across multiple locations and will have proven management and leadership experience. You must have a proven capability of building meaningful relationships with key partners and suppliers outside of YT and you should have significant GLOBAL experience in the market. You must be a passionate and sensitive leader of people inside and outside of YT and you are responsible for making sure that YT is seen as the best in class in product, availability, and quality.
The role is located at our global headquarter in Hausen (Germany) and you must be comfortable working across languages and time zones to build strong business relationships in English.
• 15+ years in relevant cycling industry
• 10+ years management experience
• 10+ years general experience in Asia
• Extensive knowledge of products and industry relevant manufacturing
• Experience managing budgets
• Experience developing strategic product plans
• Extensive experience in identifying opportunities and trends & creating growth
• Fluency in English (German and/or Mandarin a plus)
• Passion for biking
WHAT WE OFFER
• A leadership role in one of the fastest growing brands in the booming direct to consumer bike industry
• An open minded family culture
• Training possibilities in the company's own gym
• A cool team, with a free coffee flat rate
• After-work rides with your YT family and legendary company parties
• With the Franconian Switzerland one of the most beautiful bike regions, directly in front of the door
About YT Industries GmbH
YT Industries was founded by Markus Flossmann in 2008 to give talented riders access to competitive dirt jump bikes. YT stands for Young Talent and reflects its founder’s approach to life: No matter the age, it is never too late to explore your hidden talent or passion and to try something new. It is never too late to LIVE UNCAGED.
To this day, YT focuses on mountain biking and offers
a wide range of products from downhill and enduro to trail bikes as a
direct-to-consumer brand. YT bikes are distinguished by their high quality for
an exceptional price. Be it Red Bull Rampage, Downhill World Championships, or
YT bikes have dominated at the most challenging events and carried world-class athletes to major titles.