Posted by Bikes Online Inc. on 06/07/2021
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Management - Product -Brand, Manufacturing, Product Analyst, Purchasing, Sourcing
Company Type: Retailer
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
We LIVE to help Americans discover and enjoy the awesome sport of cycling. Our aim at Bikes Online is to be America’s #1 Online Bicycle Retailer and provide our customers with excellent service and support on our products.
Is biking core to your being? Do you get a sore neck checking out bikes rolling by? Are you obsessed with specs, geo, and upgrades on bicycles? Does a disproportionate amount of your pay simply disappear on bikes and parts? Do you have an analytical mind and the ability to forecast demand for products?
If you’ve answered yes to most of these questions, Bikes Online are looking for a Bike Buyer to take the reins of the forecasting and purchasing plans for our US bike business. As the leader of this function, you will be responsible for product forecasting, ordering, and selling the Bikes Online bike range for the North American market. This will include gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining market needs, analyzing production schedules, and working closely with the marketing, customer service, and warranty teams to ensure an outstanding customer experience.
Who are we?
- Founded in 2011, Bikes Online currently employs 80 people across 8 countries
- Our US branch was opened in early 2019 with an office located in Petaluma, Sonoma County, California
- We are a fast-growing, innovative, and dynamic business focused on becoming America’s #1 Online Bicycle Retailer
What will you do?
- Manage a balanced bike product line that delivers on revenue, margin, variety, rider/retailer needs and supports e-Commerce sales channels
- Facilitate and influence product line selection by actively involving relevant stakeholders where suitable including our Managing Directors
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and half-year forecasts to influence/prioritize manufacturing capacities
- Conduct regular market analysis on direct and similar competitors, including market size, trends, and market penetration
- Manage Purchase Order creation, tracking, and follow-up with factory, ensure all systems are up to date and that information is correct.
- Manage and coordinate multiple incoming shipments with different landing dates
- Manage and deliver pricing analysis based on market trends, cost price, and consumer needs
- Work effectively with cross-department teams, communicating information regarding new products for the website, sharing details of incoming stock to meet their needs, and analyzing data from marketing, customer service, and warranty.
- Create, analyze, and present weekly and monthly reports to business leaders
- Conduct quarterly analysis on new potential market segments (e-bikes, cargo bikes, etc.), collecting market data and customer service feedback to influence future product lines
- Lead, manage, train, and coach members of the Planning and Buying team, including task delegation, workload, and resource management and results monitoring.
What will you have?
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing or business
- 3+ years experience in demand planning, forecasting, buying, or business analytics
- Broad exposure to the cycling industry with a focus on the US market
- Management of an online product catalog
- Experience collaborating with multiple overseas entities, including team members and vendors
- Demonstrated analytical ability with an aptitude for building a narrative around the data that translates into actions
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Office and Google Suite skills, a high level of proficiency with MS Excel is required.
- Strong people and communication skills with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to work across international time zones to liaise with international markets, vendors, and different teams within the business
Why you will love working here
- Work with other smart, ambitious people, with a can-do attitude and eager to learn new skills
- Fast-paced environment where no other day is the same
- A strong team mentality, where the whole is stronger than the individual
- Great potential of career growth for the right applicant
- Great staff discounts on bikes and accessories
How to apply
If this sounds like you, email us your CV and cover letter outlining your achievements as a buyer, demand planner, and cycling prowess by 18 June 2021. Our Director of Operations will be in touch with you soon after you submit your application, as long as you have:
- working rights in the United States
- 3+ years of experience in demand planning, analytics, and buying, preferably in the cycling industry