Purchasing - Outdoor Shooting Sports Industry
Posted by Infinity Sports/Gun Accessory Supply on 06/10/2021
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting
Job Categories: Purchasing
Company Type: Accessories
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Contact Name: Careers@gunaccessorysupply.com
Business Phone: 209-845-3940
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $25 - $35/hour
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Come work with us in a comfortable, focused, supportive culture. This is your opportunity for growth and to make a difference in a unique industry. This position has the potential to elevate your skills and will allow development within the Company. We are open M-F and believe in work-life balance. We love our industry and the people we work with.
The primary role of the Purchasing Agent / Buyer is to order and acquire appropriate products by analyzing sales trend data and requirements of the ERP system. Evaluate suppliers, negotiate contracts, review product quality, and identify market/consumer trends. Working in tandem with sales, marketing, and management. Travel twice a year for SHOT SHOW and NSSF events.
= Maintain adequate stock levels to meet the ERP system's requirements relating to key accounts and sales trend analysis.
= Offer the right mix of stockable items for the customers by continually noting market changes and trends.
= Make sure the brand offering is up to date with market trends and customer demands. Seek to add categories/suppliers when needed.
= Confirm pricing is competitive from vendors through negotiation and verification of programs.
= Share vendor/item information with relevant departments (accounting/marketing/sales) to ensure the knowledge base is maintained throughout the organization on a collaborative approach.
- Organized and structured
- Able to take initiative
- Good at communication and interpersonal skills
- Work and coordinate with other departments
- Able to develop a rapport with different types of people
- Strong math skills
- Advanced computer skills (able to run queries with software and analyze things in excel)
- Be presentable
- Industry knowledge prefered
- 3-5 years of purchasing experience for distribution type businesses
- Wholesale sporting goods experience – know products and vendors
- Strong analytical skills to identify market & consumer trends, sales trends on brands that GAS offers for resale, inventory data, what’s stockable and not stockable, product life cycle
- Experience evaluating suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Analyzing pricing by brand and vendor
- Review product quality
- Expresses ideas effectively in individual and group situations, adjusting content and approaching the audience's character and needs.
- Expresses ideas clearly in reports or other documents with appropriate structure, grammar, and language adjusted to the audience's needs.
- Open to people and willing to hear what others are saying. not what you think they should say or are going to say.
- Able to explore multiple points of view and then reach outcomes that gain all parties support and acceptance during negotiation.
- Able to persuade others and present viewpoints in such a way that others accept them.
- Shares information, rewards, and power with employees to take the initiative and make decisions to solve problems and improve service and performance.
For internal and external customers, anticipate, meet, and exceed their needs, wants, and expectations, prioritizing their satisfaction.
Has pleasant and appealing qualities in-person and over the phone.
Actively cooperates with others, including across departments, toward achieving goals and objectives.
Demonstrates ambition and a strong desire to succeed.
Knows how to balance personal and business needs.
Able to create and maintain a high level of appropriately directed energy, the capacity to work hard, shows stamina, and desire to get results.
Sets high standards for self, others, and organization, dissatisfied with average performance, imposes excellence on self rather than having standards imposed by others.
Exhibits passion and excitement. Has a can-do attitude.
Possesses a strong work ethic and willingness to work hard and sometimes long hours to get the job done. Has a track record of working hard.
Has the ability to identify the actions necessary to achieve goals and keep focused on meeting schedules, deadlines, quotas, and performance goals.
Provides team with a clear sense of direction, organizes resources, and steers others toward successful task accomplishment.
Comprehending, addressing, and resolving conflict constructively.
Able to inspire others to do the job that needs to be done.
Vision, maturity always presents the Company in a good light in word attitude and action.
Gun Accessory Supply offers a competitive salary, and afull benefit package (including medical, dental, vision, group life insurance, and 401 K matching), with personal time off (PTO). For immediate consideration, please send your resume, salary requirements, and salary history. Please visit our website www.GunAccessorySupply.com for more information on our products and services.
About Infinity Sports/Gun Accessory Supply
Infinity Sports Inc. dba Gun Accessory Supply is a dealer-only wholesale distributor of firearm accessories and optics established in 1983. Our mission is to build our people and our industry by providing growth opportunities and stellar customer service in our purpose-driven distributorship while providing aggressive pricing on top-selling products. Remembering that our business is to "build their business" creates synergistic success with our vendors and dealers while distributing the top-selling firearm, security, and sporting accessories across the nation.