At Public Lands, we exist to celebrate and protect public lands for all. We believe these national treasures are meant to be explored, protected and celebrated so they may live on for generations. With this in mind, we seek to empower the passionate, to guide the curious and to celebrate the courageous on their journey to thrive outside. Our mission grounds us in the communities we serve and drives our commitment to inspire and enable a diverse community of people to experience the profound power of the outdoors, either in their backyards or in our nation's public lands.; We are also committed to our unmatched set of standards for environmental practices.
At the core of our brand is a dedication to provide products and experiences to any explorer in an effort to grow the number of people who love and seek to protect our public lands. We are driven to meet each explorer where they are in their journey, and to do it with an unapologetic commitment to style, quality and service. Our retail locations are designed to inspire and fuel a need to get outside. Our team lives and breathes for their next adventure, no matter how big or small. We are outdoor humans connected by a common passion, shared experiences and style that is all our own.
As a Footwear Lead, you ensure our explorers are well equipped for their next adventure by providing thoughtful product recommendations that fit their needs.
This role is eligible for a $500 SIGN ON BONUS. Bonuses will be paid at your 6 month anniversary, less any applicable taxes.
Footwear Sales Lead Duties:
* Assist the store management team with general supervision in assigned department and other areas of the store as needed
* Clear communication through directing on-floor work assignments, leading & communicating company objectives to associates, and providing on-floor training of all associates
* Uphold company standards for merchandise presentation of the best apparel and equipment brands
* Demonstrate ability to genuinely interact with customers to show passion, knowledge, dedication, and commitment in their sport or activity
* Support company standards of passionate customer service and selling through customer engagement
* Promote company programs including warranty sales, Scorecard (loyalty program), private-label credit cards, and other seasonal promotions
* Compliance to loss prevention standards and audit requirements
All Guides, (our associates), are required to adhere to all safety policies and procedures. Additionally, as business needs arise, other tasks may become necessary.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Prior bicycle or skis sales and service experience is preferred
* Strong product knowledge
* Enthusiasm and passion for assisting others with their footwear needs
* Creates a culture that encourages a diverse and inclusive environment.
* Ability to provide clear, constant and confident communication to explorers and guides
* Flexible availability preferred including nights, weekends and holidays
* Strong work ethic, time management skills and the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Public Lands is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusion and Diversity.