Retail Store Manager
Posted by Peter Glenn Ski & Sports on 07/01/2021
Industry Sector: Action, Lifestyle, Outdoor, Snow, WaterSports
Job Categories: Retail - Management- Staff
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, Conservation, HardGoods/Equipment, Service, Retail
City: FORT LAUDERDALE
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Customer service is the Peter Glenn hallmark. Our customers have come to expect that our staff will always be attentive, knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and that their shopping experience will be enjoyable, if not downright fun.
As a Manager in one of our retail stores you'll help cultivate this experience. You'll be responsible for overseeing sales, helping to train new staff, maintaining customer service standards, store merchandising, inventory control, and keeping general operations running smoothly. By ensuring that we offer a superior shopping experience you'll be helping people have a great time outdoors.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and manage staff effectively
- Coach new and existing staff to increase sales and customer satisfaction
- Build loyal customer relationships by ensuring employees provide the highest level of service
- Merchandising and product placement to ensure maximum impact
- Help monitor and maintain inventory accuracy
- General operations such as cash management, sales floor coverage, breaks, etc.
- Attend product training sessions and relay appropriate information to sales staff
- Monitor low-stock and out-of-stock items
- Help customers find products that best fit their needs
- Stay informed on latest gear and trends
- Develop strategies to raise customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring, and providing feedback to store staff and upper management
- Ensure compliance with company’s policies and operational guidelines
- Additional store manager duties as needed
Skills and Requirements:
We are looking for someone who enjoys customer interaction and has prior retail management experience. Candidates should have an interest in the ski/outdoor/run industry.
Applicants for the position of Manager should be:
- Strong computer skills are a must
- Able to direct staff, take responsibility, and troubleshoot problems
- Self-motivated and driven to improve
- Comfortable in a fast-paced retail environment
- Interested in expanding personal knowledge about products and outdoor sports
- Experience (helpful) with ski, snowboard and outdoor sports equipment and clothing and have the ability to communicate that knowledge
- Strong communicators with strong inter-personal skills
- Experienced in a supervisory capacity
- People-oriented, taking pride in helping customers make choices or resolve problems
- Supportive members of a team
- Must be fluent in English both verbal and written; the ability to speak a second language is a plus
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings; during busy season required to work 6 days a week
- Able to lift up to 25-50 lbs.
- Possible other physical demands talking, standing, walking, bending, squatting, kneeling, reaching, carrying, climbing, and more
- High School Diploma or GED
- College degree in business, retail management, or related field a plus
Benefits include a fun team environment & competitive pay. As a Peter Glenn employee you can not only gain knowledge through https://www.expertvoice.com training website but earn super discounts below wholesale on all of your favorite brands. Regular full-time employees are eligible for paid vacation and sick time, paid holidays, 401K, health insurance, dental insurance, and group term-life insurance.
About Peter Glenn Ski & Sports
Since 1958, Peter Glenn has been at the forefront of a growing outdoor sports market. Today, nine Peter Glenn stores carry equipment, accessories and clothing for a wide variety of outdoor sports such as skiing, snowboarding, water skiing, wakeboarding, in-line skating and adventure travel.
As a ski school director at a local Vermont college, Ned Hamilton noticed a high demand for ski equipment that was not being met locally so he stocked the basement of his men’s clothing shop with ski clothing and equipment. Ned soon opened his first shop that sold ski equipment, clothing and accessories. The new store was named after Ned’s son, Peter Glenn Hamilton.