Assembler / Packager
Posted by Wheels Manufacturing on 08/20/2021
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Manufacturing
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
Country: United States
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Job Type: Hourly
Salary: 15-16.50 an hour
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Consider working in the Wheels Mfg Assembly department with us! We are looking for a reliable person who likes to stay busy, is dedicated to detail, has mechanical aptitude and an ability to stay focused while packaging large numbers of bicycle parts and assembling tool kits. Compared to many factory assembly positions we have a relaxed work environment and a certain level of scheduling flexibility. Wheels Mfg offers its employees discounts on bikes, bike parts and accessories, as well as commuter credits for biking to work that can be used towards these purchases.
Benefits and pay: We are looking to fill either a full time or part time position. If full time, benefits will include medical, dental, vision and paid time off. If part time, benefits will include paid time off. The hiring range for this role is $15-16.50 an hour, depending on experience.
Assemblers work to accurately and efficiently complete various building, labeling and packaging tasks. The assembly department is responsible for the last step in the manufacturing process before products are shipped to customers.
- Operate assembly tools such as automated baggers, laser etching printers, arbor bearing presses
- Operate digital scales to package bearings, ferrules, bar end plugs, adapter etc.
- Accurately build and label boxes for various products
- Quality check every job before during and after completion
- Troubleshoot and help maintain assembly tools, devices and machines
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic mechanical aptitude and attention to detail
- Ability to focus on tasks for extended periods
- Effective communicator and ability to work in a team
- Regularly required to lift and move up to 25 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand for long periods of time (fatigue mats provided)
- Specific vision requirements are good general vision, ability to distinguish between colors, textures, finishes and general detail to ensure product quality and accuracy