Outdoor or Marine Product Support Specialist
Posted by Garmin International on 08/30/2021
Industry Sector: Fishing, Outdoor, WaterSports
Job Categories: Customer Service
Company Type: DoesnotApply
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Apply Here! Marine Product Support Specialist
Outdoor enthusiasts! Garmin is looking to attract folks who love the outdoors! We’re looking for associates with a passion for an active lifestyle as our Outdoor and Marine Team of Product Support associates continues to grow. If you’re a natural problem solver with excellent customer service skills who will enjoy sharing our outdoor technology with Garmin customers, If this is you, then Garmin is hiring full-time positions on our Product Support team and we’d love to hear from you!
In this role, you will serve as a Garmin product expert and help our customers get back to their passion by solving customer inquiries in regards to disruptions in their Garmin products or services, while also using internal tools to identify, escalate and resolve product defects to further enhance the product and user experience. The schedule for this position is 8am-5pm. Other essential functions include:
- Efficiently answer and solve customer technical inquiries regarding Garmin product and service disruptions and troubleshoot via telephone, email and chat
- Must display superior customer service and communication skills and always maintain professional interactions with Garmin customers and associates
- Ensure customer orders, repairs and exchanges are completed accurately and efficiently
- Proficiently communicate interactions with customer contacts via internal tools
- Identify, diagnose and report product defects utilizing internal tools
- Remain current on changes in policies, procedures and product offerings
- Develop and maintain department and company image and philosophy to the public
- Become an expert in Garmin products, features and capabilities for one or more product lines
- Become an advocate for the Garmin Support Center and support and communicate the resource to Garmin customers
- Must meet or exceed departmental goals and expectations
- Timely completion of tasks and/or projects of basic complexity within defined process
- Thoroughly documents work in an organized and timely manner
- Works collaboratively and professionally in a team environment with other Garmin associates to achieve goals including seeking out opportunities to assist team members, sharing ideas and information freely and positively
- Consistently works with team leader to improve personal and team interactions
- Understands Garmin’s Mission Statement, Vision, Values and Product Support’s Vision and enthusiastically exhibits a desire to see Garmin succeed
Additional essential functions for bilingual Product Support Specialist:
- Translate Product Support content to assist customers in their native language
- Become an expert in Garmin products, features and capabilities for all product lines
Qualified candidates for this role will possess a high school diploma or GED and demonstrate excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills. Other requirements include:
- Demonstrated interest for the product segment and interest in developing product knowledge
- Demonstrated customer service expertise
- Personal or professional demonstrated technical aptitude, problem solving and troubleshooting ability
- Demonstrated reliable and predictable attendance
- Demonstrated computer skills and ability to navigate multiple screens
Learn more about careers in Product Support from current associates and view their stories in the following videos:
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from well-being initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
About Garmin International
We make products for everywhere that people live, work and play. Our customers are passionate about our products. And so are we.
When you work at Garmin, adventure doesn't have to wait for the weekend. This is where you can put your passions into action. From test flights to training rides, there are so many ways to use our products and follow your passions every day.