Posted by Fjallraven on 09/07/2021
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Merchandising
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $70,000 - $95,000
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: Yes
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Reports to: Director of Product & Merchandising
Fjallraven is looking to add a talented and experienced Merchandising Manager to create and implement merchandising strategies for the N. American business. You will work with a N. American team to create merchandise plans for wholesale and direct-to-user businesses, and work with key accounts to plan and understand product and assortment needs. The role will require strong analytical skills along with market experience, and an intuition and aptitude in identifying market behaviors, trends, and user needs. Product, merchandising, and analytical experience will guide the role to create effective and efficient regional and channel-specific product assortments to maximize sales.
Merchandising Manager Responsibilities:
· Oversee the planning and implementation of merchandising strategies for N. America
· Create seasonal market briefs for N. American group and global design & product team to inform upcoming seasonal needs for N. American business
· Create effective key account merchandise assortments that earn sales and showcase the brand and aesthetic of the company
· Inform price-setting through qualitative and quantitative market data and research to meet margin goals and are also viable and relevant to the retail market
· Contribute and inform annual and quarterly budgets by category and present them to the relevant stakeholders
· Track inventory movement and systematically introducing promotions, sales, price changes, etc
· Identify market trends and analyze to gain a full understanding of our North American market as it relates to the Fjallraven brand
· Collaborate with the marketing department to brainstorm new projects, campaigns, and business ideas
· Read and understand sales reporting to create strategy to improve customer engagement
· Partner with global product/dev/design team to effectively communicate state of N. American market and our seasonal needs for product needs
· Take an integral role in the buying process and use quantified and qualified analysis to purchase correct styles, colors, quantities
· Monitor competitors and market trends with seasonal market reports based on 3rd party data, competitor analysis, and feedback from wholesale and DTC partners.
· Review inbound product arrivals and manage product flow from warehouse to retailer
· Manage out-of-line non-carryover stock from warehouse to final destination and ensure sales are through trusted and approved retailers to ensure brand preservation
· Maintain adaptable, positive attitude with a young and changing business and proactively accept necessary tasks required to grow the N. American business.
· Bachelor’s degree or educational equivalent in education and experience
· 3+ years experience in merchandising and/or product
· Must have strong aptitude in Excel
· Must be naturally detail-oriented and thorough
· Must have market knowledge and intuition for trends and market behaviors
In 1960, Åke Nordin founded Fjällräven in the Swedish town of Örnsköldsvik. Since then, Fjällräven has made a commitment to high quality and high-end design, while staying true to our mission of developing timeless, functional and durable outdoor equipment, acting responsible towards people, animals and nature and inspiring people to get outside.
We want to inspire and enable more people to experience nature. We do this by developing clothing and equipment that make the outside safer, warmer, dryer and generally more enjoyable. And by running events that provide the framework and support to make nature more accessible.