Posted by Delta Kayaks Inc. on 11/10/2021
Industry Sector: WaterSports
Job Categories: Design & Development - Product
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Maple Ridge
Required Experience: 1 - 3 years
Business Phone: 604-460-6544
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Join Our Talented Team.
Delta Kayaks is growing and we’re looking for talented people to join our team. If you’re interested in working in a fast-paced environment where employees share a passion for innovation and a desire to build great gear, Delta Kayaks may just be the place for you.
Genco Technologies – Parent Company of Delta Kayaks Ltd.
11596 Kingston Street, Maple Ridge, BC, Canada, V2X 9J8
Genco Technologies is looking for a driven Industrial Designer to join its team. Genco Technologies focuses on innovation in design and manufacturing to maintain market-leading quality and value in our user driven products. Through our brand Delta Kayaks, we are a leading manufacturer of high quality thermoform kayaks.
Must be willing to relocate as this is not a remote opportunity.
Industrial Design: 2 years (Preferred)
The Design and Development role involves working with our in-house Design, Marketing and Manufacturing departments to identify opportunities and execute solutions to new opportunities and existing problems. The role will involve design for production, including creation of moulds, fixtures, and CNC prototyping and production trimming programs. It will also involve coordinating with the production team to identify problems and opportunities to respond with innovative solutions furthering internal knowledge and expertise. Through building fluency in our design and manufacturing processes the role will expand to the creation of concepts and designs to meet market needs and expand internal design and production capabilities.
The ideal candidate may not need all prerequisite knowledge but will be capable of learning and growing into areas that are required within the team. On-job learning and mentorship opportunities are available so the ideal candidate will be interested in expanding their knowledge and contributing their specific areas of expertise to the team as needed.
Within this role the successful candidate will:
- Manage multiple projects, deliverables and timelines with minimal oversight.
- Coordinate with design, production and marketing personal to develop thoughtful design solutions.
- Sketch and draft design solutions using a variety of analog and digital tools including production quality 3D CAD files.
- Program and operate CNC machines for prototyping and production tooling.
- Fabricate moulds and fixtures using a variety of additive and subtractive construction methods.
- Create production trim paths for CNC and robotic cutting within internal safety and operational standards.
- Execute design and production changes and coordinate implementation
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good CAD skills including Rhinoceros, Grasshopper and/or other CAD / CAM software.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of coding, G-code, PLC logic a plus.
- Good problem-solving skills and an ability to be self-directed in identifying opportunities and executing potential solutions.
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and instructions to production staff including establishing and maintaining standards and creating production diagrams.
- A strong mechanical aptitude coupled with a passion for performance driven, user centred design.
- Attention to detail, data analysis and strong math skills.
Desirable, but not necessary:
- Degree in Industrial Design, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies including, but not limited to, vacuum forming, injection moulding, cut and sew, plastic extrusion, die cutting and compression moulding.
- Project management experience from design through testing, final prototyping and production integration.
- Understanding or experience with technologies including CNC cutting, 3D printing, Robotics and hand fabrication using fibreglass and hand shaping of model making materials
What we offer:
· A clean, safe and multi-cultural work environment
· Competitive wages
· Comprehensive benefits package after 3-month probation.
About Delta Kayaks Inc.
At Delta, we build only thermoformed kayaks because we believe in the technology, our kayak designs and our state-of-the-art manufacturing techniques. We’re proud to craft our kayaks in coastal British Columbia and feel there’s no better place to prove our designs. And we make kayaks for everyone, from beginner to expert, because we believe every paddler deserves a well-crafted kayak that suits their own style and ability. Our focus has always been to build the world’s finest thermoformed kayaks right here in North America, and we think our quality kayaks speak to the value of doing one thing and doing it well.
That’s who we are. That’s the Delta difference.