Posted by Sea to Summit on 01/06/2022
Industry Sector: Outdoor
Job Categories: Computer - Information Technology
Company Type: Accessories
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $64,420 - $96,630
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Sea to Summit is an award-winning Australian brand and manufacturer of ingeniously designed, omni-terrain outdoor gear. We are constantly searching for the perfect balance of weight, durability and packability and our products are field-tested in the world’s most demanding environments. Sea to Summit was established in 1990 and currently has offices in Western Australia, North America, Germany, and China. We currently have an excellent opportunity for a self motivated individual who has a passion for technology to join our team as our System/Network Administrator in our Boulder, CO office.
The System/Network Administrator is responsible for managing the daily operations of our computer networks at our North American headquarters . This position will deploy, implement, and maintain company networking and digital security policies in accordance with best business practices. You will be tasked with installing, organizing, and maintaining all hardware and software. The System/Network Administrator works collaboratively with all departments.
Position Duties & Requirements
- Configure, maintain, and upgrade network devices including firewalls, load-balancers, routers, and switches.
- Monitor network performance and ensure optimal connectivity for remote and in-house users, as well as warehouse WAPs Configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance of computer hardware, peripherals, communications, and application software for the network environment.
- Support, configure, maintain, and upgrade local and virtualized servers.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Liaise with managers to promote good security practices and explain security procedures
- Maintain and implement security strategy, and conduct regular end-user security training
- Anticipate any cyber/security threats by keeping up-to-date with the latest security analyst news Monitor network availability and performance.
- Review alerts and notifications from monitoring systems and diagnose issues
- Provides documentation and technical specifications to management for planning and implementation of new or upgraded IT products.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs
- Perform timely response and technical support to all incidents, requests, outages, and alerts
- Develop, implement, and administer an IT disaster prevention recovery procedure and systems.
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and related equipment problems are resolved in a timely manner with limited disruptions.
- Set up user accounts within network and third-party applications.
- Train team members on new hardware and software applications.
- Update and inform Perth IT team as needed on all aspects of network strategy, security and performance.
- Work with Operations Director to create and operate within the Network Administrators budget
- Work in tandem with various departments and maintain flexible attitude supporting all the work that helps in achieving organizational goals, along with other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate would have the following:
- Associate's Degree in computer science, systems engineering or network administration is required, however, a bachelor’s degree in the fields listed is highly desired
- 4+ years experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting computer systems
- 4+ years’ experience working with MS Office 365 environment
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure
- Experience with firewalls, Cisco Anyconnect VPN remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.-
- Knowledge of networking services and common networking protocols
- Computer proficiency and understanding of various types of hardware
- Ability to setup and configure server hardware
- Ability deploy, configure, and support operating systems on desktop and mobile
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Preferred experience with Datto and Backup Executive.
- Ability to work autonomously, multi-task in a fast-paced team environment, manage multiple escalated support incidents under tight timelines.
- Good organizational and logical thinking skills, along with superior problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a self-start attitude with the ability to work with little supervision and direction
- Ability to maintain a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to work with multiple departments and staff of all levels
This is a full-time position with a comprehensive benefits package which include health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K match, paid time off, community service leave, paid holidays, RTD Pass, gear allowance, dog friendly office and some other great perks. The salary range for this role is $64,420 - $96,630 with the starting salary at the mid point of this range. This is an office-based position, located in Boulder, Colorado. Sea to Summit is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualification associated with the job. The successful candidate will be expected to perform all functions from administrative processing to leading change initiatives.
About Sea to Summit
Significant growth and international recognition haven diminished our start-up spirit though still a highly creative, fully collaborative team with a radically innovative approach that mirrors the hungry, young company of our roots.
We'e a dynamic business with offices in Australia, Germany, China and Hong Kong.