Store Manager - Electric Bike Shop - Salt Lake City
Posted by Magnum Bikes on 11/12/2021
Industry Sector: Action, Bike, Fishing, Fitness, Hunting/Shooting, Outdoor, Snow
Job Categories: Business Opportunities, Customer Service, Events, Human Resources, Management, Management - Brand, Management - Executive, Management - Product -Brand, Management - Sales, Management - Team, Manufacturing, Marketing & Digital Marketing, Merchandising, Operations, Outdoor Education, Production - Apparel, Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician, Retail - Management- Staff, Retail - Sales, Sales - Company Rep, Sales - Inside - Product & Reservations
Company Type: Accessories, Apparel/SoftGoods, Events, HardGoods/Equipment, Recreation, Retailer, Retail
City: SALT LAKE CITY
Country: United States
Required Experience: 0 - 1 year
Contact Cell: 801-448-8197
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $60-75,000 K
Required to Relocate: No
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 50+ miles
Job Description & Requirements
Founded in 2010 Magnum Bikes has been a leader in the innovation and design of electric bikes. Our innovation, design, and focus on quality allow us to produce stunning high-level electric bikes that lead the e-bike market internationally. We believe electric bikes are changing the concept of travel providing a sustainable new mode of transportation that is affordable to all.
If you're passionate about managing a high-functioning team and like the idea of putting more butts on bikes, this could be the right career move for you!
The General Manager will oversee all aspects of Magnum’s retail shop. Core responsibilities include the following, but are not limited to:
The General Manager (GM) is responsible for the overall sales and operational standards of the location that they are assigned to oversee by Magnum. Successful GMs will lead their personnel and drive success across all levels of performance. This position is responsible for the overall sales achievement, customer service results, service shop compliance and safety, operational standards, and inventory of the location. The GM must demonstrate strong leadership skills and develop, implement and manage company programs and processes.
Customer Experience And Sales
- Fully accountable for the execution of sales, service, operations, and customer experience initiatives.
- Demonstrate the right customer behaviors defined by delivering an extraordinary experience.
- Consistently demonstrate excellent leadership and coaching skills by inspiring, engaging, and motivating your team to succeed.
- Create a work environment where all employees can succeed.
- Manage customer experience on a frequent basis.
- Support team and assist with customer transactions, counsel personnel on “opportunities” with key sales and reputation metrics, recognize positive performance against key sales and reputation metrics.
- Strategize new business opportunities within the local community.
- Responsible for the shop’s bike rental program. Overseas rental bookings, service, customer experience, and post rental sales conversions.
- Growing shop revenue outside the four walls by utilizing lead generation tools including social media, community events, and Magnums customer referral program.
- Reports to the retail director.
Service and Operations
- Instill a sense of pride and ownership in-store appearance. Where all employees understand their store is the face of Magnum to every customer.
- Review and drive operational compliance of back-office processes and procedures, reports, documentation, and policies.
- Keeping operations flowing efficiently and effectively.
- Inventory management.
- Ensure service orders are in compliance with company policies and completed within a timely manner.
- Safeguard codes, passwords, and proprietary company assets.
- Respond in a timely manner to all communications, requests for supporting information, or corrections to system errors.
- Excellent sales skills and demonstrated ability to meet or exceed performance standards.
- Effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to motivate, lead and develop others.
- Self-awareness, growth mindset, and superior relationship-building skills.
- Experience in managing budgets and P+L responsibilities.
- Competency using CRM systems with a high level of function and detail.
- Skilled at Customer Database, Email, Excel, web-based POS, and Facebook.
- 5+ years retail management experience.
- Mechanical aptitude will weigh heavily in favor of any applicant.
- Outdoor / Tourism based business experience is valued.
- Be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in order to provide the best customer service (unless accommodations are required/requested for an employee under the ADA).
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits.
- Compensation includes salary (based on experience) along with incentives.
- Magnum Bike’s employee bike rental program.
- PTO including paid holidays.
Why You’ll Love Working at Magnum Bikes
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at Magnum embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our retail customers, suppliers, and distributors.
- We are one team – The magic of Magnum Bikes is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
Magnum Bikes is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion:
- We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.