Bicycle Mechanic at Fast Growing Youth Bike Brand
Posted by Prevelo Bikes on 01/03/2022
Industry Sector: Bike
Job Categories: Retail - Bike Mechanic - Ski Technician, Warehouse
Company Type: HardGoods/Equipment
City: Westlake Village
Country: United States
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $16 to $21/hour
Required to Relocate:
Required to Travel:
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within: 25 miles
Job Description & Requirements
Prevelo Bikes is a fast-growing direct-to-consumer premium kids' bike brand. We ship bikes to families all over the world, and we need help!
As a Bicycle Mechanicyou will help prep and tune bikes before they are shipped to customers.
The job entails (1) adjusting brakes, headsets, derailleurs, and checking chain tension, (2) truing wheels, (3) checking the overall tightness, assembly quality, and safety of bikes, (4) installing accessories, (5) conducting final checks to make sure bikes meet our quality standards, (6) packing bikes for shipment and (7) working with our fulfillment software to label and ship bikes.
Some benefits of working at Prevelo:
- We're a small company and we all work together: You’ll work side by side with people that design, source, brand, and market bicycles, and you’ll have opportunities to be a part of all of it.
- We are young and growing fast: We grew 60% in 2020 and are very optimistic that 2022 growth will be even higher. We hope you’ll want to be a part of our growth!
- Sane and consistent hours: We work 9 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday. It’s rare that we work outside of those hours, and when we do it’s usually because we are staffing a bicycle event (which we think is fun and we hope you will also think is fun).
- Bicycle Friendly Business: We are a League of American Bicyclists bicycle friendly business. If you want to commute by bike, we have a safe place for you to store your bike, and a shower in case you want to freshen up before work.
- Trash can races: We have special trash cans decked out as race cans. (inside tip - trash can #7 is the tightest handling trash can in the shop).
- Culture of Giving: We give back. We give a portion of our proceeds to charities that support youth cycling and the cycling community.
- Family first company culture: We don’t mean this in the typical “we’re all family here” way. We’re not family - at least not that we’re aware of. What we mean is that supporting each other's family life is an important part of our culture. Your family is welcome in the shop anytime - our spouses and children are often in the shop to join us for lunch or just to hang out.
- Coffee and Snacks: We provide coffee. Sometimes it’s a fancy hip single-origin coffee, sometimes it’s some wacky flavored seasonal coffee, but it’s always plentiful. And snacks!
- Healthcare: We got it. We offer health care to all employees.
Professional bicycle mechanic experience is a benefit but not required.
You must be:
- Mentally and physically capable of performing bicycle mechanical work. We can train you, but the more mechanical experience you have the better.
- Be comfortable with basic computer work. You will be working with our fulfillment software. It’s not a complicated program and we will train you.
- Able to safely lift and move bicycles and bicycle boxes (up to 40 lbs).
- Able to work for extended periods standing on your feet.
- At least 18 years old.
- Not a duckbill platypus. We’re sorry if you are a duckbill platypus, but are worried that you won’t be able to safely lift, move and work on human bicycles. Also, we understand that duckbill platypuses are endemic to eastern Australia and this job really needs to be done onsite in Westlake Village, California. Still, we’re huge fans, with you being the only mammal with a duckbill. Bold evolutionary direction! Also, please no manta rays. This job is a land-based job. Actually, now that we are thinking this through, only humans are suitable for this job.
- Enthusiasm for bicycles is a big plus.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16 to $21 / Hour -depending on experience