Digital Marketing Manager
Posted by Simms Fishing Products. on 04/29/2022
Industry Sector: Fishing
Job Categories: Ecommerce Management
Company Type: Apparel/SoftGoods
Country: United States
Required Experience: 3 - 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
Simms Fishing Products is a leader in the fishing industry – driven to create growth and vitality in the community. We build trustworthy and angler-driven products. Our employees communicate openly, keep their commitments and inspire trust. We build for the long haul with products that last and a brand that endures. Our employees are our most important catch.
To be a great fit at Simms, you must embrace the fishing culture and follow our practice to work like we fish – with purpose, passion & curiosity. Be prepared to share your latest fishing adventures.
Position: Digital Marketing Manager
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for managing paid channel strategy and execution to deliver against customer acquisition and digital DTC revenue targets. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the paid marketing ecosystem, is comfortable working with agency partners, and is a strong collaborator.S/he must operate with an eager, entrepreneurial, innovative mindset and cultivate strong connections within the SIMMS global organization.
Working closely with the marketing team, this role is responsible for driving brand awareness and engagement via digital media. The Digital Marketing Manager also works closely with the DTC team and external agencies to drive e-commerce traffic and revenue behind key seasonal product initiatives via digital advertising, email, affiliates, paid social, and search.
While this role is primarily focused on hitting SIMMS “full-funnel” digital KPIs, s/he will play an integral role in developing our brand communication plans more broadly. The Digital Marketing Manager will be an omni-channel resource, also contributing to our digital marketing efforts on Amazon and the wholesale side of the business.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
· Manage the SIMMS digital marketing program including, affiliate, paid search, paid social, organic social and digital re-targeting programs.
· Build and implement campaigns, allocates paid budget, and measures performance.
· Collaborate with the broader e-commerce team to understand business objectives & results, develop test & learn strategies, and ensure financial targets and organizational goals are met.
· Pull and analyze campaign reports to extract insights and transform those insights into actionable changes that will accelerate performance across conversion, engagement, and acquisition.
· Ensure the digital marketing strategy is integrated and executed in category-specific go-to-market plans across channels.
· Works closely with Product Marketing and Brand Communications teams to develop and respond to creative briefs for digital product marketing needs. Provides feedback and signs off on creative based on industry best practices and SIMMS’ performance trends.
· Creates, maintains, and evolves a departmental calendar that matches business objectives with the activities and output of the department.
· Develops and maintains KPI dashboards and/or regular reports to keep teams and Executives informed on the return of ad spend, overall marketing performance and to help inform the balance of spend per channel and success metrics.
· Drives development of the annual digital marketing budget; inclusive of agency support, production, media, paid search, and other expenditures to comply with organizational financial objectives.
· Manages department expenses, ensuring all invoices are provided to Accounting, signed off and paid on time, communicate spend pacing and accrual needs
· Establishes and coordinates reporting on all efforts.
· Contributes to the development of seasonal GTM strategies. Collaborate with marketing colleagues to bring seasonal stories to life.
· Solid understanding of brand universe as well as digital marketing, direct marketing and social media practices
· Hands on experience with Google Ads, Facebook Ads, and Affiliate networks, and product feed solutions and partners
· Strong organizational, time management, and prioritizing skills
· Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
· Ability to drive project in a complex multi-stakeholder environment
· Results-driven, goal-oriented
· Problem solving, critical thinking
· Organized, detail-oriented
· Flexibility and adaptability to work with changing priorities, evolving responsibilities, and scope of work in a rapidly growing company
· Team-oriented and collaborative
· Effective interpersonal skills
Key Performance Indicators:
· Traffic, conversion rates, and customer acquisition efficiency metrics
· Fluid, full-funnel investment behind key product marketing stories – in real time - to ensure they reach their digital marketing goals
· Creative assets needed to implement robust campaigns being developed in collaboration with Brand Communications and agency partners
· Efficient and proactive service from our media agency partners
· Appropriate growth and support behind Amazon and key online customers
· 3+ years of relevant DTC digital marketing experience including hands-on experience managing campaign execution across a combination of paid search, paid social, video, display, mobile advertising, and remarketing programs.
· Experience working with BI, data and analytics tools (Data Studio, Google Analytics, Omniture, Tableau etc.)
· Experience using offline PPC management tools (i.e. Facebook Power Editor, Google AdWords Editor, Microsoft Bing Ads Editor.
· Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments to analyze and inform optimization of content, landing page and user funnels.
· Certifications across key platforms like Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Google Analytics, and Facebook Blueprint are preferred.
· Solid knowledge of website analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
About Simms Fishing Products.
Simms is a leading manufacturer of high quality fishing apparel and outerwear, based in Bozeman, Montana.