Posted by Vista Outdoor on 10/03/2022
Industry Sector: Hunting/Shooting
Job Categories: Design - Engineer, Manufacturing, Operations
Company Type: Recreation
Country: United States
Required Experience: 5 - 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Required to Relocate: Yes
Required to Travel: No
Employee May Telecommute: No
Job Seeker Must Live Within:
Job Description & Requirements
With minimal supervision this position initiates, plans, manages, and coordinates projects and processes using the latest technologies to improve production efficiencies of operations by performing the following duties.
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
Includes but not limited to:
- Thorough understanding of products and processes and related engineering designs/function.
- Advanced process/design modification with minimal supervision for improving worker efficiency and reducing waste of materials and utilities.
- Establish and initiate process changes and improvements to maintain process records.
- Provide technical guidance to shop personnel.
- Effectively communicate process changes to all affected associates.
- Interpret sales data and analyzes process and operational data such as production costs, process flow charts and production schedules, to determine efficient utilization of employees, tooling, supplies, and equipment.
- Initiates and implements cost improvements in processes and work methods, including capital projects.
- Provide assistance with developing, tracking, and maintaining annual capital budget.
- Identify appropriate analyses and tests required to arrive at fact based decisions.
- Advanced use of tools and associated analysis including more complicated statistical designs, simulation and CAE modelling techniques.
- Critically assess results and challenge analyses.
- Creation of FMEAs.
- Typical role as the technical lead on a major program or programs.
- Formulate tasks to validate root cause of defects and design enhancements using statistical methods.
- Task timelines defined by major elements of the program plan.
- Capable of mentoring entry level engineers within core value stream.
- Capable of communicating process/design philosophy and requirements to team.
- Able to hold clear and concise engineering reviews.
- Capable of preparing concise status reports for leadership.
- Able to communicate complex technical considerations to non-technical employees and other functions.
- Train production personnel in applicable work instruction and procedures.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned as dictated by the business needs and conditions. As an essential function of the job, good
attendance is required.
Educational Skills and Experience
- BS and 4-10 years relevant experience; MS and 2-6 years relevant experience; Entry level PhD
- Degree from an accredited or nationally recognized college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and 6 Sigma background preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook and MS Project preferred.
- Experience with SolidWorks is preferred. Experienced in practical use of AutoCAD.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
- Ability to effectively present information to all disciplines of the organization.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to lead others in engineering discipline. Some leadership experience is a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of employee’s time will be spent in a manufacturing / production environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and explosives.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. While in the office environment, the noise level is usually quiet to moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to touch or feel.
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance, color, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
About Vista Outdoor
Vista Outdoor Inc. is a leading global designer, manufacturer and marketer of outdoor recreation and shooting sports products. We are headquartered in Anoka, Minnesota and employ approximately 5,900 skilled workers worldwide. We have multiple manufacturing and distribution facilities across the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico along with international customer service, sales and sourcing operations in Asia, Canada and Europe.
We operate through two reportable segments: Shooting Sports and Outdoor Products. Together, our segments serve the outdoor sports and recreation markets through a diverse portfolio of well-recognized brands that provide consumers with a wide range of performance-driven, high-quality and innovative products.